LaunchBox Community Forums

Gamecube black screen

dmaker

Installed Dolphin to give it a try. 

Yuck, that did not go well. The games won't even launch, I get a bunch of shader errors and some other stuff. 

Plus with Dolphin, I don't get full screen or bezels or anything.

Edited by dmaker

I would highly recommend not using Retroarch for Gamecube or Wii, the dolphin core really is bad, worse perforformance and emulation, less features, more incompatabilities, honestly just avoid it and use the latests nighly standaloane version (not the stable version from like 5 years ago). As for your actual issue id suggest you have bad roms if they fail to launch in both Retroarch and the standalone version, the fact that you get a bunch of errors at launch would bare thios out too. Dolphin does do fulscreen just fine too, but yes you wont get bezels, but id suggest living with that as again, the retroarch core is terrible, ill aslso say avoid retroarch for MAME, Citra and PPSSPP too, the standalone versions are far better in those cases.

Thank you. I do use MAME standalone and I don't emulate any PS platforms and I don't even know what Citra is, so I likely am not emulating that platform either. It's only Intellivision and Gamecube that are the issue for me right now.  

1 minute ago, dmaker said:

Thank you. I do use MAME standalone and I don't emulate any PS platforms and I don't even know what Citra is, so I likely am not emulating that platform either. It's only Intellivision and Gamecube that are the issue for me right now.  

Citra is the 3DS emulator.