LaunchBox Community Forums

funtech super a'can

link182

On 6/1/2023 at 5:59 PM, link182 said:

Hi I wanted to know if someone had managed to emulate with mame the super a'can. I put the rom in the rom\supracan folder but do not start I know that does not need bios can you help me? Thank you

Because it's a MAME softList console, you need to add supracan to the default command-line parameter for that [Associated] platform.  (It will work without having to also add -cart.)

To test Monopoly from the command prompt, you'd simply type:    mame.exe supracan monopoly     And since you now know it works there, it'll work when launched from LaunchBox.

But of the 11 games available, only 5 are noted as working. So make sure to test with one of those 5. ;) 

image.thumb.png.54b11ec7aac616c303a6aaa2c6479bff.png

hello I managed to start monopoly but now I have 2 problems, the first problem is if I try to start one of the other 5 games I always start monopoly, the second problem is to add them and make them start on launchbox them gives me an error message. thanks for the availability

3 hours ago, link182 said:

start on launchbox them gives me an error message

Like..... what sort of message?

Do you have the games (ROMs) imported into LaunchBox?  In LaunchBox, when you edit your MAME emulator, under Associated Platforms, did you set the Default Command-line Parameter for that platform to just "supracan" (without quotes)?  Or did you put the full [test] parameters "supracan monopoly"?

image.thumb.png.aa67de394f362d308773a3cf38832071.png

Hello solved for the rom I had to put everything on mame (mameui always started the same game) and for the rom I anyway insert -cart. Now everything works, you were very kind P.S. last thing you know apple pippin it's emulable with mame? thanks

• Game On 1

16 minutes ago, link182 said:

Hello solved for the rom I had to put everything on mame (mameui always started the same game) and for the rom I anyway insert -cart. Now everything works, you were very kind P.S. last thing you know apple pippin it's emulable with mame? thanks

Glad it's working for you now.

Pippin?  You pick the oddest systems to emulate. lol

According to this site, it should [somewhat] work:  Pippin @mark - MAME machine (arcadeitalia.net)

Note that it uses CDROMs (.chd files) and requires a System ROM (pippin.zip) and a Device ROM (cuda.zip).

You'll need to search around on how to make that all work correctly as I've never tested it and (no offense) don't plan to. ;)