LaunchBox Community Forums

Pal cases 3d models?

Bananarama

1 minute ago, Bananarama said:

Hello, I have got the images of the 3d models pack I downloaded to work in the games list. However when i select view 3d model it forces the front and back cover into the ntsc jewel case. Is there any way to have 3d models of the pal cases?

This will depend on which pack you are referring to here.

I think you may be getting a tad confused. There are 3D Box IMAGES like what you linked to, and then there is the 3D Box MODEL which uses Front, Back, Spine, and Logo IMAGES to make a 3D model of the box the game came in. This pack won't change the box MODEL in anyway, and there is no way to change the box IMAGE outside of creating your own or grabbing a different set. To change the MODEL you can edit the Dreamcast platform and change the model settings in there. This can also be done on a per game basis if you have only a certain number of games you want to use that version of the model.

7 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

I think you may be getting a tad confused. There are 3D Box IMAGES like what you linked to, and then there is the 3D Box MODEL which uses Front, Back, Spine, and Logo IMAGES to make a 3D model of the box the game came in. This pack won't change the box MODEL in anyway, and there is no way to change the box IMAGE outside of creating your own or grabbing a different set. To change the MODEL you can edit the Dreamcast platform and change the model settings in there. This can also be done on a per game basis if you have only a certain number of games you want to use that version of the model.

Could you show me where to find the option to edit the dreamcast platform please, i can't find it. Thanks for your help. 

29 minutes ago, Rlad said:

You cant yet change the dimensions of jewel cases though, so you can select the pal dreamcast spine as an overide but it will still be a thin ntsc dimensions case.

This is the problem I am having, so it looks like I can't get the proper pal cases like I wanted :(. The closest I can get is the box case. 

4 hours ago, Bananarama said:

This is the problem I am having, so it looks like I can't get the proper pal cases like I wanted :(. The closest I can get is the box case. 

At the moment yes, there was talk of adding other jewel cases like Dreamcast, thin cases, dual disc etc that's a future possibility.