LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox on ROG Ally

Truest1

1 hour ago, ge3k3d5qu4d said:

Got it installed and working. Now I'm just doing organization of box art (which is a bit odd using the keyboard function on the Ally) and working on the controls as we speak. 

Nice. How did you do it? You installed it on the c drive or external micro SD card? Any step by step instructions for this? Is launchbox gonna have something like export to android for ally ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Truest1 said:

Nice. How did you do it? You installed it on the c drive or external micro SD card? Any step by step instructions for this? Is launchbox gonna have something like export to android for ally ? 

I installed it on the hard drive. I don't have step by step instructions because I usually freestyle everything I do. Lol. But basically I treat it like a computer. Install where you would usually install on a laptop. The tricky part is the controller part.

8 hours ago, Truest1 said:

If your current build is all contained within the Launchbox folder structure just copy and paste your build over the the Ally. Its running Win 11. LB does not need an export function for Windows like it does for running on Android. 

I see my build it 10 TB it's gonna take some time to see what files I want and to copy onto a 512 GB micro SD card. All the images folders for the systems i want. Xmls,settings, roms , platform videos , platform images and so on. Wish there was a easier way. 

22 minutes ago, Truest1 said:

I see my build it 10 TB it's gonna take some time to see what files I want and to copy onto a 512 GB micro SD card. All the images folders for the systems i want. Xmls,settings, roms , platform videos , platform images and so on. Wish there was a easier way. 

Easier way would be to install a fresh build and only add the systems you want and rescrape.

• Thanks 1