LaunchBox Community Forums

do not remove or delete media

Tom_Neverwinter

my biggest irritation is how media is deleted without any concern or warning as I audited or did some function on this platform. 

downloading fine, deleting. STOP. DO NOT DELETE!

I cannot count the number of times launchbox has deleted items for no reason which are still present on the system.

Manage platforms fails to state if this is a game or media and I have also confused the first folder which states GAMES for my roms folder. just remove this. its costing massive time and data to reimplement media that I need. 

2 hours ago, Tom_Neverwinter said:

my biggest irritation is how media is deleted without any concern or warning as I audited or did some function on this platform. 

downloading fine, deleting. STOP. DO NOT DELETE!

I cannot count the number of times launchbox has deleted items for no reason which are still present on the system.

LB would not delete any media unless you specifically selected a delete option. Are you saying you will be in the audit screens or some other option and LB just deletes media without you manually selecting to delete?

Sounds like you may have duplicate or backup platform xaml files in your \Data\Platforms folder and LB is mixing their data up. This is one cause we typically see for this behavior. 

2 hours ago, Tom_Neverwinter said:

Manage platforms fails to state if this is a game or media and I have also confused the first folder which states GAMES for my roms folder. just remove this. its costing massive time and data to reimplement media that I need. 

Not exactly sure what you mean by this? Also the \Games folder is LB's default rom folder location if you so choose to have LB import and move your games into that folder. Otherwise if you use your own location that folder would not change in the Manage platforms screen unless you manually change it.