LaunchBox Community Forums

Mini Consoles Theme - RetroSai Nostalgia - Form over Function

Saieno

Small update on some things I've been working on. First, I've been working to optimize the performance for a number of platforms; namely the Nintendo ones as they tended to have a lot of slow downs with thousands of titles in the library. I think I've done as good as I can in this regard, so look forward to that in the next release.

I've also been hard at work on a number of new platforms that have been requested. Here are a few sneak peeks.

Atari Jaguar CD
image.png

Commodore 64 (The C64 Mini)
image.png

Commodore Amiga (The Amiga500 Mini)
image.png

And a few more that are still early in development but coming along. Look forward to these in the next release.

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

New version is released. Full release notes on the file, but here's a summary:

• Performance: Enhanced navigation performance, especially for NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBC, etc.
  • Optimizations: Updated code-base and optimized views for all platforms.
  • Sprites: Transitioned to Launchbox sprites in Platform View.
  • New Platform Themes: Added for Atari Jaguar CD, Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga, Commodore Amiga CD32, and SNK Neo Geo CD.
    AtariJaguarCD.thumb.png.373365f8ca13b2bbd3121cf6f47906b3.pngCommodore64.thumb.png.80074ea8bb612481e73bca5e5bb2e4cb.pngCommodoreAmiga.thumb.png.0f5a8812d4388e02ded638d67ea07b12.pngCommodoreAmigaCD32.thumb.png.4b4bd175ebd1cc21727ad961543b43a5.pngSNKNeoGeoCD.thumb.png.2e423ea0534d6c3e5314f13acde7cc6b.png
  • New Regional View: Introduced Sega Mark III (Japanese version of Sega Master System).
    SegaMarkIII.thumb.png.527eb0761320edc89beb8a7a15a952c3.png

Note: Version updated to 1.1.0 due to optimizations and improvements. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome!

Hi. I was wondering if a Windows theme is in anyway possible? My shower thought as to how it would look, is the Steam UI. (Edit: Me asking this question in the first place basically is a shower thought in of itself and I caved in)

Best regards from the guy who couldn't figure out how to extract a file properly.

Edited by AGVN
  • Unusual Gem 1

7 minutes ago, AGVN said:

Hi. I was wondering if a Windows theme is in anyway possible? My shower thought as to how it would look, is the Steam UI. (Edit: Me asking this question in the first place basically is a shower thought in of itself and I caved in)

Well you kinda spoiled it! But yes thats what I was planning for Windows. Its still in the works but is that something you'd like to see?

I am having Issues with the Wii, WiiU, PsVita, 3DS, and Xbox 360 themes. The Wii, WiiU, and Vita all just show frozen blank backgrounds with no games when I select wall view. The 360 has no themes at all, and the 3dss does the same thing as the wii, wiiu, and vita except for in horizontal view.

13 minutes ago, bomb650jrr said:

I am having Issues with the Wii, WiiU, PsVita, 3DS, and Xbox 360 themes. The Wii, WiiU, and Vita all just show frozen blank backgrounds with no games when I select wall view. The 360 has no themes at all, and the 3dss does the same thing as the wii, wiiu, and vita except for in horizontal view.

That's a little strange but happy to help! Can you provide the current naming conventions you're using for each Platform? The Nintendo Wii, Nintendo WiiU, and Sony Playstation Vita should use the Wall view. Microsoft Xbox 360 and Nintendo 3DS should use the Horizontal Wheel View, and each platform should be named as I displayed here. If all of that checks out as configured correctly, can you provide some screenshots of the issue you're seeing?

7 minutes ago, bomb650jrr said:

They are all named correctly, and I will supply images for all. The 3DS, Vita, Wii, and WiiU are unnavigable.

So the platforms look to be identified correctly, however the Wheel Boxes aren't displaying as they should. And Microsoft Xbox 360 isn't showing up at all as that looks like the Horizontal Wheel 2 View instead of Horizontal Wheel 1 View. Can you provide a screenshot from within Launchbox of how the Platforms are named?

Edited by Saieno

Just now, Saieno said:

So the platforms look to be identified correctly, however the Wheel Boxes aren't displaying as they should. And Microsoft Xbox 360 isn't showing up at all as that looks like the Horizontal Wheel 2 View instead of Horizontal Wheel 1 View. Can you provide a screenshot from within Launchbox of how the Platforms are named?

Yes I can

Screenshot 2023-08-30 092306.png

Screenshot 2023-08-30 092323.png

1 minute ago, bomb650jrr said:

Yes I can

Thanks for providing that! Everything checks out as expected. Which version of LaunchBox are you using and are you incorporating this theme with any others by chance? If you can describe the setup a little more that can help. Are you having any issues with any other platforms or just these?

1 minute ago, Saieno said:

Thanks for providing that! Everything checks out as expected. Which version of LaunchBox are you using and are you incorporating this theme with any others by chance? If you can describe the setup a little more that can help. Are you having any issues with any other platforms or just these?

I am currently running no other themes, and I am on the most recent version of Launchbox/BigBox, whatever the name of that is.

1 minute ago, bomb650jrr said:

I am currently running no other themes, and I am on the most recent version of Launchbox/BigBox, whatever the name of that is.

Alrighty I'll reach out in a DM and see if we can't get this resolved for you! Apologies for the trouble you're seeing

On 8/5/2023 at 10:22 PM, Saieno said:

Hi Panda, I have no problem providing assistance on getting this working for you, but because you’re the only one having this issue can you provide more information on what issue you’re having. And what you tried to resolve it?

Have you tried changing the view to Wall View for Wii and WiiU? Or PS3 and PSP to WheelView? There are some configuration suggestions in the original post that might help with the configuration, but I’ll need more details on what the issue is and what was tried to be able to provide help.

Thanks!

Hey im also having this issue. Just installed this theme and everything is amazing, but im having issues with the same consoles showing the default view of big box for the game list when I select them.

The theme first opens to “Vertical wheel2” (which i like the best)

I tried switching them to “Vertical Wheel 1” Which fixed PS3, PSP, but not WII and WII U. I also tries switching to “wall view 1” and that fixed WII, WII U, but not PS3 and PSP. 

8 hours ago, Scotoma said:

Hey im also having this issue. Just installed this theme and everything is amazing, but im having issues with the same consoles showing the default view of big box for the game list when I select them.

The theme first opens to “Vertical wheel2” (which i like the best)

I tried switching them to “Vertical Wheel 1” Which fixed PS3, PSP, but not WII and WII U. I also tries switching to “wall view 1” and that fixed WII, WII U, but not PS3 and PSP. 

Are you changing them per platform? You need to set a switch view key in key mapping then go to each platform and set them individually.