LaunchBox Community Forums

Wondering about adjusting how a video loads in in bigbox

RedHoodRobin64

Hi there, I am a semi active marquee video maker for the forums. So I have come up with a design for a marquee for my home theater I am working on. Originally I would use a fade effect to and from black to help with the looping effect of a video. This new design (shared bellow) actually is able to loop with out any fade. So it looks like a lit up poster is constantly on which is great. I did have to change the video player to the un recomended one to get it to not studder when it ends and starts again.

So the issue is in order to pull this off I needed the video to just start with out any fade. When I highlight the game in question, it looks awful when it first pops onto the marquee, then loops with no issue. I was wondering if there's some sort of setting I may have missed that would allow a smoother transition when the video first pops up instead of it going from black to just bam its in it. I wasn't sure if there was some sort of like fade setting or anything with in launch box/ big box that would help. Thanks in advance.

If I need to elaborate more clearly let me know too. Hard to explain.

34 minutes ago, faeran said:

Something to note. If you are using videos from EmuMovies, the fade is in the video itself.

Ya I am aware of that. Thank you tho. No this is more I am trying to take a video I am making for my daughter and the community and trying to get it so it just loads smoother. As of right now it just pops up out of know where and looks horrible at first. But then loops smoothly like I want. So just the first pop in when I high light a game is the issue. If I personally add a fade effect like I normally would for my other videos, It wont stay up like a poster the way I want. I stratigicaly shrunk the video footage so the background of the video would always be up and it would just seem like the video is looping

I'd have to look at the GameMarqueeView.xaml file in our theme to remember if we are or not, but you should be able to put the video in a transition presenter and set the transition to quick fade to do what you are referring to.

TL:DR: Potentially so but it requires you to theme a different marquee that does that.