LaunchBox Community Forums

Video Priorities - Only 1 setting?

xevious1974

Hi all!

I can set only 1 video priorities set, am I right?

I'd like having a different video priorities on different theme, for example.

Some theme works better with Theme Video, others works better with snap video. I cannot save it, I have to change every time, right? Or I am missing something?

Thank you all for your time!

I don't know much about theme editing, but looking at the documentation, it looks like you can manually set the video type.   

It's something called VideoType under FlowVideo (Introduced in 11.10) which is a control inside of a FlowTemplate.

VideoType (string)
This tells the control which video type you would like to load. This is only used when loading video for a Game.
The acceptable values are: Video Snap, Trailer, Theme Video, Recording

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

I don't know much about theme editing, but looking at the documentation, it looks like you can manually set the video type.   

It's something called VideoType under FlowVideo (Introduced in 11.10) which is a control inside of a FlowTemplate.

Dear Joe,

First of all, thank you a lot for your reply!

You have to understand that you are like a Scientist talking to a medieval guy. I read and I think it is magic! ^_^

I have searched a file named "flowtemplate" but I have not found it...then I have just waited a second, looked into me...and nothing, I know my limit ^_^

But I want to thank you again, because you have tried to help me a lot of times, and you also made a lot of hyper useful tool that I use!

So, my Wizard Lord, I hope you never cast a magic against me!

^_^

Edited by xevious1974

An example of it in use can be found in the Default theme, GameMarqueeView.xaml view.  Here, it's choosing "Marquee".

<coverFlow:FlowVideo x:Name="MarqueeVideo" VideoType="Marquee" DataContext="{Binding SelectedGame}" PlayVideo="True" PlayAudio="False" FallbackToDefault="False">
	<coverFlow:FlowVideo.Style>
		<Style TargetType="{x:Type coverFlow:FlowVideo}">
			<Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Visible"/>
			<Style.Triggers>
				<DataTrigger Binding="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}, Path=HasVideo}" Value="False">
					<Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Hidden"/>
				</DataTrigger>
			</Style.Triggers>
		</Style>
	</coverFlow:FlowVideo.Style>
</coverFlow:FlowVideo>

That's about as least scientist-y as I can get.  And that's where my limits lie. ;) 

• Like 1

^_^

I am a little worried, I am starting to understand what are you telling me...is it my first step in the wizard world?

Anyway, I have searched in the xml and xaml files of the theme that I want to change. I use notepad++ and I used the search function, that I have already used to make some changes in the past (maybe some tips that you told me in the past ❤️)

I have found nothing about that, there is no a "flowvideo" setting.

I try a supposition (dont laugh! 😂), maybe it is a setting that does not appear in the theme because it cant be changed. How I can say it...it is a base configuration.

Ok, I have cast my magical theory!

(About 30 years ago, I have studied Pascal+, maybe Cobol, at school...then I forgot all and started to study human science...and I am studying it yet) 

Thank you again Joe ^_^

Keep in mind what JoeViking mentioned would be dependent on how recently the theme was created. Older themes will likely not be using the new FlowVideo controls. As well, some themes made with the CTC do not use the FlowVideo binding. So you would have to recode the video element portion of a theme if it does not use the newer controls. 

What theme are you trying to edit?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Keep in mind what JoeViking mentioned would be dependent on how recently the theme was created. Older themes will likely not be using the new FlowVideo controls. As well, some themes made with the CTC do not use the FlowVideo binding. So you would have to recode the video element portion of a theme if it does not use the newer controls. 

What theme are you trying to edit?

Oh, it is interesting, thank you!

I'd like to keep theme video like general choice but with the hypermax refried I think that snap videos work better.

23 minutes ago, xevious1974 said:

Oh, it is interesting, thank you!

I'd like to keep theme video like general choice but with the hypermax refried I think that snap videos work better.

That theme does not use the FlowVideo control so you would not be able to just change the field that was mentioned. That theme was made using the CTC and the creator uploaded the CTC theme files you can use to open inside the Theme Creator and edit the theme that way. I have not messed with the CTC in a long time so I honestly cannot say if this can even be done directly in that tool. Your best option would be post in that theme's support thread and ask the creator for assistance. 

That can be one of the hurdles with the devs putting in options for things like this. Custom themes can override these options. 

12 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

That theme does not use the FlowVideo control so you would not be able to just change the field that was mentioned. That theme was made using the CTC and the creator uploaded the CTC theme files you can use to open inside the Theme Creator and edit the theme that way. I have not messed with the CTC in a long time so I honestly cannot say if this can even be done directly in that tool. Your best option would be post in that theme's support thread and ask the creator for assistance. 

That can be one of the hurdles with the devs putting in options for things like this. Custom themes can override these options. 

Thank you a lot Retro,

I'll do what are you telling me.

Thank you!!