LaunchBox Community Forums

Sony Vita import to Launchbox

Joe35car

OK I have been looking around here and still can't find the answer. I had a few games imported successful before but I forgot how I did it and deleted the platform and want to start fresh. All games launch in the standalone emulator Vita3k. When I try a sample importing the eboot it seems like the emulator wants to open but closes right away. I want to import over 900 games and hopefully there is a way like ps3 to grab them all at once and have the correct names.  I tried pointing to where the games are and also in the Vita3k folder and no luck. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Thanks

Edited by Joe35car

OK so the only way I can import these games is to create a txt file with the game ID. Then I have to rename it in LB. I have over 1000 games. This is going to take forever. Is there an easier way to import these? Just started letter C :)

Thanks

Edited by Joe35car

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, DeadVoivod said:

I’m going through the same process at the moment as that platform was old and at the time not many games were supported. I do it manually plus i have to do it basically twice as I’m also installing it on my ROG Ally using RetroBat which launches the games via m3u files. 

Use the XML file. :)

Edited by Joe35car

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2023 at 1:09 PM, Joe35car said:

OK so the only way I can import these games is to create a txt file with the game ID. Then I have to rename it in LB. I have over 1000 games. This is going to take forever. Is there an easier way to import these? Just started letter C :)

Thanks

Is this still the way with txt files? I have my roms zipped. Is this even a supported platform in Bigbox? I will be setting it up soon and noticed you have to click start every game and that screen is small. Any way around this?

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2024 at 2:29 PM, Jonny0r said:

Im currently on the same point.. anybody has an idea? 

I thought im smart and created the text files with a batch, but Launchbox cant identify the game with the PCSExx0ß0x0x number :)

Someone made a batch file to create the text files for all the games but the link isnt there anymore but they  also made a different xml to use so launchbox recognizes the games. Do you have the text files by chance? I would love to try to get this working!

Edited by Jabb3rJaw

• 3 weeks later...

Copy the ROMs to where you will be storing them then Put the xml file into notepad ++, notepad or something similar. Choose find:<ApplicationPath> and in replace put<ApplicationPath>(your path to roms)\ then choose to replace all then just copy this into your launch box data folder. Import the ROMs included in place of the ones that you were using, only importing the ones that you have, if you have the full set then you can import them all. That ought to do it. 

So i have a rom folder which I would rather use, and then the games also installed into Vita3K that I'd rather not also have if possible. Does this allow me to only have one instance of the rom file? Also, which of these locations do I import the roms from?

Edited by Goobis

Sorry maybe I should have been more clear but there is a folder here in this download that has all of the file names for the Vita games by their PSID the XML file matches those PSIDs to the actual name of the game. So you will not need your ROMs anymore as long as they're installed into the Vita you import the files included in this download as you're ROMs removing any ROMs that you may have already installed for your Vita these zero kilobyte files take up no space so you don't have to have your ROMs as well as your Vita installs you just need your Vita installs and these files therefore you'll save a lot of space

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 9:14 AM, Jonny0r said:

Over the weekend i added approx ~IDs to the Database.

I added in the .rar the Clear Names, the Vita IDs and the Vita Database with all information. 

So in worst case, simply add as much as you find and exchange the database file, i guess lots will be covered. :)

PSVITA - Launchbox.rar 373.04 kB · 18 downloads

Thank you. I'm just missing a little under 100 games. Saved me lots of time. Thanks again.

Edited by Joe35car
  • Thanks 1

Joe You're doing it wrong apparently lol. When I get home tonight from work if you're still having a problem let me know what's going on because I got this script to work perfectly and all my games showed up and I didn't have to rename anything that was the whole point of the script. All I had to do was put the script into notepad and then change The location to my ROMs using a replace all function

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kurtastrophe said:

Joe You're doing it wrong apparently lol. When I get home tonight from work if you're still having a problem let me know what's going on because I got this script to work perfectly and all my games showed up and I didn't have to rename anything that was the whole point of the script. All I had to do was put the script into notepad and then change The location to my ROMs using a replace all function

I would really appreciate it. Pulling out my hair over here lol. All games work in LB. It just shows the ID# and when I rename them and close LB some save others don't. So your way it will have the names already? Sweet. I work nights so I will get back to you and let you know how it goes. Script would be great.

Thanks again

Edited by Joe35car

On 1/15/2024 at 10:14 AM, Jonny0r said:

Over the weekend i added approx ~IDs to the Database.

I added in the .rar the Clear Names, the Vita IDs and the Vita Database with all information. 

So in worst case, simply add as much as you find and exchange the database file, i guess lots will be covered. :)

PSVITA - Launchbox.rar 373.04 kB · 22 downloads

Joe this is the post you needed to check out from Jonny0r. Make sure the games are installed into the Vita emulator. Then point launch box to the text files that are included in this download as your ROMs. Edit the script file that is in here with notepad using replace all for the ROM location to where you're keeping the ROMs. Then copy the script file into your launchbox data platforms folder.