LaunchBox Community Forums

Is there a theme where the video takes up most of the screen?

Hamburglin

Themes can have multiple views. So if you find a theme you like make sure you bind a key or button the "Change View" in BB and when inside the theme if you hit that key/button it will change the view real time. Then you can see if the theme has a fullscreen video view. As C-beats mentioned the Unified themes do (I believe it is View 4). 

You will just have to look through our downloads section. If the theme creator did a good job of detailing the theme it should show what views it has in the description. .

There are few others. I know Faeren's Tilt them shows video on roughly a little over half the screen. 

As Retro stated you may need to change view. I was thinking of the original Unified, I thought all it's default views were full screen video but it's been a minute since I've looked. I'd bind a key to "Change View" and then try out what the theme has to offer. Fairly positive it has a full screen video view to match what you see on platforms/categories.

20 minutes ago, Hamburglin said:

So far so good.

I have another theme related question. How do I use only the game's banner when in console playlists?

It always shows the console on the marquee, and the actual banner is smaller and only in the upper right:

20230815_111458.jpg

That whole image looks like a marquee image. The Unified theme is using BB default marquee media logic. I would say look inside your \Images\Sega Genesis\Marquee folder. The full image you see on your marquee is likely in that folder. 

Just now, Hamburglin said:

Ok. I'll check it out. It's big box's marquee solution.

That image is just a marquee image made up of several panel to make it one marquee. BB default marquee view will play a marquee video first, then in absence of a video use the image you have in the \Marquee folder, if no image there it will show a Fanart - Background with the games Clear Logo over top.

Super Street Fighter II-01.png

Just now, Hamburglin said:

Got it. So that marquee image is static.

What's the easiest way to get video marquees?

There are not a ton out there. You have to make your own, Google search, or check our downloads section. Personally I avoid them. For me they became to distracting and you end up with mix-matched media since there are not even complete platform collections of video marquees. Just one of the "its cool for a while" things like LED buttons for me. Both those things got old fast.