LaunchBox Community Forums

Hide Games in Platform but not Playlist

Moleburt

I have a strange question, would it be/is it possible to hide games from a Platform, but have them still visible in a playlist? This would be useful to me because I have both a Sinden Lightgun and Gun4Ir Lightgun playlist, and since each game requires different bezels to load, different installs of demulshooter, etc... The easiest way to do it was to have duplicates of each game added, each with their appropriate additional apps loading with them. I would love to be able to hide the games from Sinden or Gun4Ir in the normal Platforms games list, but still have the games show up in the Playlist I have created. Not sure if this is possible, it would just cleanup the way my LB/BB looks a little. 

I originally was going to have Gun4Ir load as a Platform and not a playlist, and just add all the games to that separately, the only issue with that was with LEDBlinky, I would have had to adjust all of the games individually pretty much, and that was just going to take forever. If LEDBlinky ever comes out with a way of bulk importing/exporting games from one platform to another, this would resolve my issue, but for the time being, I didn't want to deal with doing each game 1 by 1.

Thanks for any help/advice you have in advance!

Currently no. Any game hidden in a platform will be hidden in a playlist. Are these games in a platform with non-lightgun games?

Reason I ask is in LB you can edit a platform and check the box for "Hide in BigBox". This will hide the platform itself in BB but the games from the platform will still show in Playlists inside BB. Of course, this will not help you if the Sinden and Gun4IR games are in a platform with non-lightgun games. 

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

Currently no. Any game hidden in a platform will be hidden in a playlist. Are these games in a platform with non-lightgun games?

Reason I ask is in LB you can edit a platform and check the box for "Hide in BigBox". This will hide the platform itself in BB but the games from the platform will still show in Playlists inside BB. Of course, this will not help you if the Sinden and Gun4IR games are in a platform with non-lightgun games. 

Ya, unfortunately the 2 playlists are a culmination of multiple platforms, each of which has non Lightgun games in it as well. I had a feeling that this wasn’t really possible, but figured it was worth asking.

1 hour ago, faeran said:

The only way to really accomplish this is to create other playlists all the games not in your lightgun playlists. Then you can just organize your Platform Categories filter section with only the playlists you want to see.

Ya that would actually work, make playlists of all the platforms, of just the games I want in each one, then hide the platforms in BB. I will have to play around with it.