LaunchBox Community Forums

DeSmuME games load fine directly with windows' CLI, but not with LaunchBox

MobForce

Hello,

first time posting so forgive any mistakes i make.

I'm trying to launch DeSmuME games through LaunchBox. When I click "Play", nothing happens. Currently, this is how my launchbox is setup:

image.thumb.png.fb35c9b79587a63d0ce5b6bd0045898f.png

Inputting that exact same command into the windows CLI (cmd.exe) in the same folder launches the game. As an example, the command " DeSmuME_0.9.11_x86.exe "D:\Games\Emulator\Emulator Games\NDS games\meteos.nds"  " (ignore first and last quotation marks) correctly launches the game. this does not occur in launchbox, and i am unsure why.

I'd like to avoid using retroarch as it significantly alters the UI of DeSmuME and changes a few too many things. also, i'd need a copy of my savefolder in the retroarch folder, and that's a bit annoying

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

When you say 'nothing happens', Do you mean absolutely nothing?  No attempt at a loading screen?  No screen blip/flash, then nothing?  No popup messages indicating something's amidst?  Nothing running in the background (i.e. Alt+Tab to the emulator that's "hiding")?

Any chance you have more than 1 installation of the emulator and you're testing from the Command Prompt on one version and pointing to a different version in LaunchBox? 

Can you share a screenshot of you DeSmuMe Associated Platforms section.  Also, edit your Meteos game and share a screenshot of the Launching and Emulation sections.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 1:25 AM, JoeViking245 said:

When you say 'nothing happens', Do you mean absolutely nothing?  No attempt at a loading screen?  No screen blip/flash, then nothing?  No popup messages indicating something's amidst?  Nothing running in the background (i.e. Alt+Tab to the emulator that's "hiding")?

Any chance you have more than 1 installation of the emulator and you're testing from the Command Prompt on one version and pointing to a different version in LaunchBox? 

Can you share a screenshot of you DeSmuMe Associated Platforms section.  Also, edit your Meteos game and share a screenshot of the Launching and Emulation sections.

Hi JoeViking245, thanks for the response. I thought i had set up email alerts, apparently not, so i kind of left this to die. Here's how it looks like. Thank you!

Launching the emulator itself works fine (right  click game -> Open DeSmuME).

settings.png

2 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

Remove -f from your Default Command-Line Parameters in the Associated Platforms section.  At least on my version (DeSmuME-VS2019-x64-Release.exe), it breaks it.  Also, you didn't use that when testing from the Windows Command Prompt. ;) 

Thank you, that did it! you can close the thread now.

• Game On 1

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, cue1boy said:

This seems to be broken again. DeSmuME does not load again in LaunchBox

It should, without any command-line parameters, just work.  Make sure you don't have anything in the Associated Platforms command-line parameters also.

image.thumb.png.6c0ca8856dcb50af26b9931529377573.png

If you want to load it full screen, add "--windowed-fullscreen" (without quotes) to the command-line parameters.

image.thumb.png.c8754472c0f68f025c4313cc43b9b597.png