LaunchBox Community Forums

Does anyone know how to create GameDetails views in CTC?

Eviljubs

8 hours ago, Eviljubs said:

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's even possible.  It seems like it should be, but I haven't found any real resources or anything around.  Maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing?

The textdetails (or is it textgame) view is also gamedetails, it just swaps out the games list for the menu.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eviljubs said:

Well, I tried that, but it still doesn't seem like it's working.  Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere?

image.thumb.png.a450c0508b08f4e4b7df1dc60b543144.png

That's correct, if you publish that to launchbox and set it as the view the games detail should look the same.

Maybe this makes a difference, i can't think of anything else right now.

Screenshot2023-09-30200705.thumb.jpg.7dfb20e4660939c0079bdafcd7021518.jpg

Edited by Rlad

10 hours ago, Rlad said:

That's correct, if you publish that to launchbox and set it as the view the games detail should look the same.

Maybe this makes a difference, i can't think of anything else right now.

Screenshot2023-09-30200705.thumb.jpg.7dfb20e4660939c0079bdafcd7021518.jpg

I did that but it's still not working properly... I'll try a tinkering with it a bit more

• Like 1

the advice from Rlad is correct. but to be a stickler the exact name of the view is "TextGamesView" and it is the "Game Details Screen" that has stuff like play, view images, view 3D model, mark as favorite or broken etc. it doubles as the "Text List With Details" view in Big Box, like what Rlad said, they just swap out the game list with the options list

look closer in CTC. it's one of the dots along the bottom where you select views, they all have tool tips to tell you their names and list them out directly underneath

image.png.486a2dae4796ff3395ee103534cb442f.png

It could be easy to confuse "GameDetailsView" with "TextGamesView" due to TextGamesView is referred to as the "Games Details Screen" in Big Box. "TextGamesView" / "Game Details Screen" is the screen users can select whether or not they want it to display via Options > General > Skip Game Details Screen

And don't confuse that with "TextGameView". note difference of "GAME" and "GAMES" - game is wrong - games is the correct one

• Thanks 1

@Eviljubs  TextGamesView - the list is swapped out when in Game Details, if you want to display or hide elements when in/out of Game Details, use the IsInGameDetails value

when editing TextGamesView, enable the GamePad and clicking the A/B buttons will toggle the IsInGameDetails.

image.thumb.png.aa488e3ee52bf3cb5e722532baadb631.png

image.thumb.png.58eeda615c07e37332f9e5d3fcf04727.png

and why oh why is that Portrait Theme being developed in a Horizontal mode ?

These aspect ratios dont work for you ?

image.png.fb70b09652cf16c48181a6037a0bb65b.png

11 minutes ago, y2guru said:

@Eviljubs  TextGamesView - the list is swapped out when in Game Details, if you want to display or hide elements when in/out of Game Details, use the IsInGameDetails value

when editing TextGamesView, enable the GamePad and clicking the A/B buttons will toggle the IsInGameDetails.

image.thumb.png.aa488e3ee52bf3cb5e722532baadb631.png

image.thumb.png.58eeda615c07e37332f9e5d3fcf04727.png

and why oh why is that Portrait Theme being developed in a Horizontal mode ?

These aspect ratios dont work for you ?

image.png.fb70b09652cf16c48181a6037a0bb65b.png

Thanks I'll give that a shot and see if it helps.  As for the aspect ratio, it's specifically for my virtual pinball x stuff -- it likes for you to run everything in desktop mode/not rotated (for whatever reason it doesn't like portrait mode) so you have to do weird things like this to get it to work properly.  I physically rotate my primary monitor to use for the playfield and a secondary monitor above it for backglass/DMD display.

Ironically, I'm ripping it off of another theme that someone already uploaded called FauxVert - because the game details screen on that one is broken/not working properly.  Well, I would be, if I could get this working lol.

@y2guru Well, it is switching properly within the editor if I turn on the controller and press A+B - but it still seems like it's being overridden somewhere.  Which is also weird, because all my other platforms/platform categories have a different theme, and different view for gamedetails as well (those all work fine).

3 minutes ago, Eviljubs said:

@y2guru Well, it is switching properly within the editor if I turn on the controller and press A+B - but it still seems like it's being overridden somewhere.  Which is also weird, because all my other platforms/platform categories have a different theme, and different view for gamedetails as well (those all work fine).

I’m not understanding what you are trying to achieve, when you select a game from ANY game view you will be sent to the Textgamesview and the list will show Play game etc.. beyond that what else are you wanting to display?

22 hours ago, y2guru said:

I’m not understanding what you are trying to achieve, when you select a game from ANY game view you will be sent to the Textgamesview and the list will show Play game etc.. beyond that what else are you wanting to display?

Yes, it sends me to that view, however if you look at my screenshots, it's not giving me the layout with the options that I created, it's using some other default view.  You can see it's missing the posters, and it has an extra clear logo, as well as other details.  Not to mention the background is static, not a video, and it's a horizontal image -- none of which I have setup in CTC.

22 hours ago, y2guru said:

Wait… are you saying that you don’t get the game details list when you click a game in bigbox? If so, then yes there is an option in bigbox plus you can enable/disable view the theme specific options in CTC

No, I do get the game details list, it's just not the version that I created for my theme.  I checked the options and the game details screen isn't disabled in CTC (and obviously not in bigbox either since it does come up, just again not my specific theme/view).

8 minutes ago, Eviljubs said:

Yes, it sends me to that view, however if you look at my screenshots, it's not giving me the layout with the options that I created, it's using some other default view.  You can see it's missing the posters, and it has an extra clear logo, as well as other details.  Not to mention the background is static, not a video, and it's a horizontal image -- none of which I have setup in CTC.

No, I do get the game details list, it's just not the version that I created for my theme.  I checked the options and the game details screen isn't disabled in CTC (and obviously not in bigbox either since it does come up, just again not my specific theme/view).

Show me the options you created

image.png

I sent it previously but, this is what it should look like in big box -- the game list gets swapped out for the game details list (I tested that in the editor w/ the controller).  But in big box, if I select a game, I get this:

Untitled.jpg

Which clearly isn't what I setup in CTC

4 minutes ago, Eviljubs said:

image.png

I sent it previously but, this is what it should look like in big box -- the game list gets swapped out for the game details list (I tested that in the editor w/ the controller).  But in big box, if I select a game, I get this:

Untitled.jpg

Which clearly isn't what I setup in CTC

not even close, you either have a platform specific version you keep editing and an old Default TextGamesView (or vice versa) is in play or you added a TextGamesView.XAML file to the Theme and when published it is ignoring your version.