LaunchBox Community Forums

Pre Configured Controls Xinput for Teknoparrot. Pre-rlz (early alpha)

Posted (edited)

Currently working on new features.
image.thumb.png.7ed56576f883437b294ad8ce9455a745.png

A minimalist UI, but that's an excuse for the main feature, per game options.
With that, i add the ability to change monitor resulutions & disposition per game, execute ahk code and the most important, for lindbergh and elfldr2 (elf games that run with budgieloader), the ability to copy (hardlink actually) files (likes dll reshade, ffb plugin, mesa opengl ...) on a per game basis and clean them on exit. Will make it much easier to deal with stuff like reshade siden border.

Edit : Work in progress

Edited by Nixx
  • Like 1

Ok, new version up. No new game added, this release is focused to add some per-games feature i consider necessary for Teknoparrot.

image.thumb.png.51110afd652e7109d487530798d132a0.png

Changelog

New Main UI : Launching the program without arguments will launch a minimalist UI. On first launch, you have to go to options and set the Teknoparot Folder.

Configuration :
- In the debug data, i added the controller name if i can deduce it from vendorId/productID.
- New option : "Change Monitor Resolution/Disposition to". Here you can register monitor disposition and set the default disposition for all tp games. A "Disposition" is a configuration of your monitor, the layout, the resolution, the main screen, the frequency... To register one, just change your monitor layout/config the way you want, click to "create new screen disposition based on your current monitor Setup" and it's done. If a default disposition is setup, your monitor will auto switch to the selected disposition before game launch and will restore your previous one on exit.

Per Games Options : For each game, you can now setup per-game Options.
- Custom Monitor Disposition : You can override the global configuration, really really useful for some games to run them in 1080p or 720p, or disable other monitor.
- Custom Sto0z Zone (the joystick deadzone) : You can override the global configuration
- Run game as Administrator : Only available for games that needs to be run as admin like Mario Kart. Once enabled, game will be run as admin even if TeknoparrotAutoXinput.exe is run as a simple user. You will have to say yes to an UAC windows on the first game launch, but it will be invisible after that.
- Ahk code before and after execution : Lot better than having a collection of .bat files to do some specific stuff. The before have the option "Wait for Exit", the ahk code after do not have this option because it always wait for exit.
- Link Files before Execute : Only available for Lindbergh and Elfldr2 (those elf linux games). Those game use the same folder where budgieloader.exe is located, and when you want to add some extra dll (like reshade, ffb plugin, ...) it's used by all games and that is problematic in my opinion.
So, with this feature, once enabled, click on the "Open Folder", and it will lead you to a profile folder in a subdirectory of teknoparrot (AutoXinputLinks\<gameid>) and you can place here all the files you want, on launch those will be hardlinked to the budgieloader loader folder and clean on exit.
Side note : To make it works, you have to have your teknoparrot folder in a NTFS volume.

Command line : 

Added a --disposition= argument, change the disposition folder used. Like, if you're calling TeknoparrotAutoXinput.exe --disposition=dispositiontv "C:\teknoparrot\UserProfiles\Daytona3.xml" instead of using the files inside the disposition subfolder, it will use those inside the dispositiontv subfolder.
This option is only supported for the launch of a game, not for the gui. 

TeknoparrotAutoXinput_alpha_v0.07.zip

Edited by Nixx
  • Like 3

Version V0.08 up.

Bugfix from the last version where the program wont run for some users.

- The Per-game link feature is now restricted to Windows 10/11 users with their Teknoparrot folder inside NTFS drive.
- By default, the per-game link folder is located in a subdirectory of Teknoparrot, but there is now a global option to change the folder. Keep in mind that the new folder must be on the same drive as Teknoparrot.
- Added a DebugMode feature in the options.

TeknoparrotAutoXinput_alpha_v0.08.zip

• Like 1

When I quit the game

image.thumb.png.eeda712fc2b8d1645dbd3b8935e939d6.png

While, the graphical error (P1=...) only occurs with the joypad, with the arcade it seems correct

image.thumb.png.9319e3cbd116c64443408e692e9629a8.png

image.thumb.png.ec115b36c722f5cf50bcad66a3262665.png

Why does two-player work with virtua tennis 4 and not with fighting games? With fighting games I only see one player even if I have two controllers connected

Edited by Sbaby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2024 at 13:13, Nixx said:

Versione V0.08 successiva.

Bugfix dell'ultima versione per cui il programma non funzionava per alcuni utenti.

- La funzionalità di collegamento per gioco è ora limitata agli utenti Windows 10/11 con la cartella Teknoparrot all'interno dell'unità NTFS.
- Per impostazione predefinita, la cartella dei collegamenti per gioco si trova in una sottodirectory di Teknoparrot, ma ora esiste un'opzione globale per cambiare la cartella. Tieni presente che la nuova cartella deve trovarsi sulla stessa unità di Teknoparrot.
- Aggiunta una funzionalità DebugMode nelle opzioni.

TeknoparrotAutoXinput_alpha_v0.08.zip 33,22 MB · 17 download

On 1/10/2024 at 3:41 PM, Nixx said:

Ok, new version up. No new game added, this release is focused to add some per-games feature i consider necessary for Teknoparrot.

image.thumb.png.51110afd652e7109d487530798d132a0.png

Changelog

New Main UI : Launching the program without arguments will launch a minimalist UI. On first launch, you have to go to options and set the Teknoparot Folder.

Configuration :
- In the debug data, i added the controller name if i can deduce it from vendorId/productID.
- New option : "Change Monitor Resolution/Disposition to". Here you can register monitor disposition and set the default disposition for all tp games. A "Disposition" is a configuration of your monitor, the layout, the resolution, the main screen, the frequency... To register one, just change your monitor layout/config the way you want, click to "create new screen disposition based on your current monitor Setup" and it's done. If a default disposition is setup, your monitor will auto switch to the selected disposition before game launch and will restore your previous one on exit.

Per Games Options : For each game, you can now setup per-game Options.
- Custom Monitor Disposition : You can override the global configuration, really really useful for some games to run them in 1080p or 720p, or disable other monitor.
- Custom Sto0z Zone (the joystick deadzone) : You can override the global configuration
- Run game as Administrator : Only available for games that needs to be run as admin like Mario Kart. Once enabled, game will be run as admin even if TeknoparrotAutoXinput.exe is run as a simple user. You will have to say yes to an UAC windows on the first game launch, but it will be invisible after that.
- Ahk code before and after execution : Lot better than having a collection of .bat files to do some specific stuff. The before have the option "Wait for Exit", the ahk code after do not have this option because it always wait for exit.
- Link Files before Execute : Only available for Lindbergh and Elfldr2 (those elf linux games). Those game use the same folder where budgieloader.exe is located, and when you want to add some extra dll (like reshade, ffb plugin, ...) it's used by all games and that is problematic in my opinion.
So, with this feature, once enabled, click on the "Open Folder", and it will lead you to a profile folder in a subdirectory of teknoparrot (AutoXinputLinks\<gameid>) and you can place here all the files you want, on launch those will be hardlinked to the budgieloader loader folder and clean on exit.
Side note : To make it works, you have to have your teknoparrot folder in a NTFS volume.

Command line : 

Added a --disposition= argument, change the disposition folder used. Like, if you're calling TeknoparrotAutoXinput.exe --disposition=dispositiontv "C:\teknoparrot\UserProfiles\Daytona3.xml" instead of using the files inside the disposition subfolder, it will use those inside the dispositiontv subfolder.
This option is only supported for the launch of a game, not for the gui. 

TeknoparrotAutoXinput_alpha_v0.07.zip 33.21 MB · 10 downloads

Hi, great work! 

So it's definitive edition or always alpha? Works on all games? 

Now I've bought 2 light guns of Aimtrack. They are Plug and play with this System. 

I would try it as soon as for my controllers xbox360 xinput and lightgun. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. When I discovered the work of @Warped Polygon, I was amazed. After his project was more/less done, the next thing I was hoping for was TeknoParrot. 

You have taken the challenge and your contribution is much appreciated. Thankful I have found this, and I am looking forward to trying it out when the hustle-n-bustle of life gives me the opportunity. Cheers to you and Mr. Polygon.

Edited by xdmanalo

Lightgun games don't have preconfigured settings (atm). Maybe i will do that in the future, i'm working on something else atm but i want to update this project to manage some extra devices (hotas, shifter, numpad).
That said, if you use the command line to run an unsuported TP game though my program, it will just run it with the settings you set in TP, so it should run fine, and the link system allow you to easly do stuff like add Sinden border on a per game basis for elf games.

Dev in progress. I'm adding support for shifter if used alongside dinput wheel.
image.thumb.png.dfda076f1afe3713bbfc49c38ba0c017.png

I'm currently working on a way to make it compatible with racing games that don't have native shifter support but only Shift Up/Down.
Like for exemple, Outrun, Sega Rally 3, Sega Race TV, SWDC, D1GP, Ford Racing, ...
Here a demo with Sega Rally 3 : 
https://streamable.com/89h77s

Posted (edited)

V0.09

-Shifter support
You can add to your Dinput wheel a shifter (and a handbrake & clutch pedal).
Racing games that are using gears, if your dinput wheel is plugged, will reassign gears to your shifter.
Also, on games that don't have gear assignments but only shift up/down, you will find in the options a checkbox to enable gear change and make them work with your shifter. This is kinda hacky, so, it's disabled by default and need to be enabled for each game.
Games that have this options are : Outrun, D1GP, Ford Racing, Git Club, R-Tuned, Sega Rally 3, Sega Race TV, Sega World Drivers Championship and FnF SuperCars.

-Few games added

-Some bug fix (like the resolutions change in the per-game options that was not working as intended)

-Configurations files moved to a json file, so you probably need to redo your config

TeknoparrotAutoXinput_alpha_v0.09.zip

For the next version, i would like to extend the "per-game" extra files folder link to non-elf games to be able to keep a clean game dump folder and have extra files like ffb/reshade/dll wrapper and patch in a separate folder, but i'm not sure yet how to propose that on the gui. If someone use this feature, i would like your opinion.

Edited by Nixx
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

V0.10

-Link support for game directory folder.
Until now, the link system was limited to elf files, with content linked to the budgieLoader directory.
Now, you can also link data to a Game folder, that way you can keep your games folders with clean dump and load extra files from a patch directory.

-Hotas support
You can now bind dinput hotas. You may have to tweak the per game option "reverse y axis".

Few others minors changes and games added.

image.thumb.png.c39b0215e3bf312a03bc30efcac9e3e2.png

image.thumb.png.44fec0baef231be83e75abfcff95b7d2.png

image.thumb.png.b6a784e47a9f587b5e5231963fd3e2c9.png

image.thumb.png.10142f865864e8e84505fe8750017427.png

TeknoparrotAutoXinput_alpha_v0.10.zip

Edited by Nixx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1

On 4/13/2024 at 8:01 AM, marcosgaming said:

Great Update!! Can you preconfigure light gun games for 2 guns too?? 

Would be fantastic! 😍

I'm working on it.
Lot lot of work to do, so i'm far from finish.
image.png?ex=66339446&is=66211f46&hm=bc406d128f32def8831fd0e025ae3d16cc0b68c038349df454e567a5e286e4b0&=

image.png?ex=6633947c&is=66211f7c&hm=c3fe8a70dfc190dc7b24509ca430310be19d76600b8c9dcca3db589b131af7e1&=

It's just the background image that change for the other gun, but i intend to do dedicated layout in some case

image.png?ex=6633947c&is=66211f7c&hm=b2209efb20b1a30d136a061181a49e7a67032f79bb24f02c0064bb1fafe47543&=

image.png?ex=6633947c&is=66211f7c&hm=d0f405f43b013d0e6c16f0695e3740bf2a761b7be125d22fb124d8bb08ce3028&=

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Nixx said:

I'm working on it.
Lot lot of work to do, so i'm far from finish.
image.png?ex=66339446&is=66211f46&hm=bc406d128f32def8831fd0e025ae3d16cc0b68c038349df454e567a5e286e4b0&=

image.png?ex=6633947c&is=66211f7c&hm=c3fe8a70dfc190dc7b24509ca430310be19d76600b8c9dcca3db589b131af7e1&=

It's just the background image that change for the other gun, but i intend to do dedicated layout in some case

image.png?ex=6633947c&is=66211f7c&hm=b2209efb20b1a30d136a061181a49e7a67032f79bb24f02c0064bb1fafe47543&=

image.png?ex=6633947c&is=66211f7c&hm=d0f405f43b013d0e6c16f0695e3740bf2a761b7be125d22fb124d8bb08ce3028&=

WoW!!!!! This is my dream!!!

I have 2 Light Guns Aimtrak.

You are SUPER! :D