LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame xml

Jabb3rJaw

I finally updated my Mame emulator and rom set from 220 to 261. I used the Mame import from Launchbox and left everything checked. On my wheel I noticed quite a few of the same wheels showing.  They are slightly different rom names but the same game. I guess I’m just curious if there is a xml file like hyperspin that filters out more of the fluff like these and the mega touch games etc… I know people would share theirs on Hyperspin just curious if it can be done in Launchbox/Bigbox or could I use a hyperspin xml  instead?

When you import a full rom set, you can use the check boxes so that it does not import those files.

So Megaplay would not be included.

However, do not use the commands from Launchbox as they are totally rubbish to say the least. The games do not play correctly, they are stuttery and unplayable for the most of them. I just stripped the whole code out and it works fine now.

Regards

Mark

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jabb3rJaw said:

I finally updated my Mame emulator and rom set from 220 to 261. I used the Mame import from Launchbox and left everything checked. On my wheel I noticed quite a few of the same wheels showing.  They are slightly different rom names but the same game. I guess I’m just curious if there is a xml file like hyperspin that filters out more of the fluff like these and the mega touch games etc… I know people would share theirs on Hyperspin just curious if it can be done in Launchbox/Bigbox or could I use a hyperspin xml  instead?

If you use LB Full Mame Rom set importer there are options to select to leave out specific types of files/games. Additionally one of our devs created a plugin to convert an xml to LB formatted xml that might do what you want with Hyperspin data. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

If you use LB Full Mame Rom set importer there are options to select to leave out specific types of files/games. Additionally one of our devs created a plugin to convert an xml to LB formatted xml that might do what you want with Hyperspin data. 

Thanks  so I did leave everything checked. What I’m finding now is the games that have 2 showing like Burger Time and Bump and Jump have a cassette version also which is causing them to show twice. I can manually delete them but would be nice to have an option to exclude those also so there’s not 2 showing on my Bigbox wheel. 

32 minutes ago, Jabb3rJaw said:

What I’m finding now is the games that have 2 showing like Burger Time

Burger Time (DECO Cassette) and Burger Time (Data East set 1) are technically 2 separate machines (as classified by MAME).  Both ROMs are parent systems (vs 1 being a clone of the other).

Since neither is a clone and both are working machines, both get imported.  There really isn't a way to filter those out on import beyond adding, yet another checkbox for 'skip DECO Cassettes'.  (Feature requests are available at the top of this page)

The easiest way to get rid of all (33ish) Arcade DECO Cassette games might be to create a playlist filtered on Version Contains "deco cassette" and Platform is Equal To "Arcade."

image.thumb.png.5f7626efdef0d847e04da756c351a7ed.png

Save.  Then select that playlist, select all games in the playlist and Delete.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Burger Time (DECO Cassette) and Burger Time (Data East set 1) are technically 2 separate machines (as classified by MAME).  Both ROMs are parent systems (vs 1 being a clone of the other).

Since neither is a clone and both are working machines, both get imported.  There really isn't a way to filter those out on import beyond adding, yet another checkbox for 'skip DECO Cassettes'.  (Feature requests are available at the top of this page)

The easiest way to get rid of all (33ish) Arcade DECO Cassette games might be to create a playlist filtered on Version Contains "deco cassette" and Platform is Equal To "Arcade."

image.thumb.png.5f7626efdef0d847e04da756c351a7ed.png

Save.  Then select that playlist, select all games in the playlist and Delete.

I will try this thanks! I personally think it looks cleaner with 1 version of game and not confuse people playing the arcade. Thanks again!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jabb3rJaw said:

I will try this thanks! I personally think it looks cleaner with 1 version of game and not confuse people playing the arcade. Thanks again!

You could also keep the other versions and just combine them together (In LB select both games and choose "Combine Selected Games). You can then set the non-cassette version as default that way it is the version laucnhed when clicked on. Then should you ever desire to play the other version it is available as an additional app via right click in LB and in BB is it available in the Game Details screen.

• Like 1