LaunchBox Community Forums

D.Sync's Ez1G1R Set for Japanese Retro Computers from Neo Kobe Set

dsync89

Hey guys, I recently derrive and completed a project workflow that automatically generate AHK scripts to run each and every supported Neo Kobe set as follows. As you'd know these Japanese retro computer platform is picky when it comes to boot especially for multi disk games, as they expect the boot media to be inserted in certain order. What's even more complicated is some system such as NEC PC-9801 is notorious requiring multiple different media type to insert to run a certain game, e.g. the high rated Policenauts require you to insert not only CD, but FD/HD as well!

This is my first attempt to share any 1G1R Set that I created from custom DAT that also I created, feel free to comment on the work!

Currently supporting the following Neo Kobe collection set:

• NEC PC-8801 (2016-02-25) =>
  • NEC PC-9801 (2017-11-17) =>
  • Sharp X1 (2016-02-25) =>
  • Sharp X68000 (2018-04-26) =>

Download my D.Sync's Ez1G1R from Archive.org. More will be uploaded soon!

• Neo Kobe Sharp X1 ->
  • Neo Kobe Sharp X68000 [Uploading...] ->

About

This Ez1G1R set by D.Sync contains all you need to PERFECTLY RUN ALL Sharp X68000 games from Neo Kobe set without all the hassle in a very systematic way! No more manually select and figure out the path if you just wish to randomly pick up a game and just play!

Just double click the AHK and the game should launch straight away! I've done all the hard part so you can just enjoy and discover the game that you might not be able to run before!

Also easily integrated with Launchbox by just importing those AHK files!

Note: Some game might fail to boot properly unless you specify the right boot order, modify the sequence in .gamedb file. See Contribution section below if you wish to contribute to the list to benefit all!

Setup

You shouldn't need to configure anything! The `.config.ini` file in the `\roms` folder contains the variable that the AHK script will lookup for settings. It is already configured to use relative path by default allowing you to double click the AHK from the `\roms` folder. Change it to absolute path if needed.

Credits

These wouldn't be possible if not of the following contributor/tools:

@kobushi from http://fullmotionvideo.free.fr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1621 for consolidating and sharing this amazing romset!

DAT is generated using clrmamepro dir2dat against neokobe set.

1G1R DAT is generated using Retool https://github.com/unexpectedpanda/retool.

The AHKs are generated from https://github.com/dsync89/neokobe-retro-japanese-computer-collection-set-ahk-gen-toolkit. All scripts are written by me.

Contribution

Some multi-disk games especially FD require the disks to be inserted in certain order. I might have missed a lot of them as I only tested some of the popular ones. To contribute to the list, modify the gamedb_overwrite.txt file and submit a pull request to my repo: https://github.com/dsync89/neokobe-retro-japanese-computer-collection-set-ahk-gen-toolkit/tree/main/gamedb

Yours truly,
dsync89

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback! Yea those 1g1r criteria are entirely auto-generated and I might be missing out some set preference or separation. But overall I think the logic is sound. Let me know if you have other thoughts on the selection criteria and how to improve, I could modify the script appropriately.

• 2 months later...

Hello.

Great initiative!

But in my environment I'm getting an error with AHK.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Error at line 52.

The following variable name contains an illegal character: "GameInfo.

"GameInfo.Length".

The program will exit.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I think I tried both V1 and V2 versions of AHK...

I am an AHK amateur so I could be wrong.

Could you please let me know?

On 3/17/2024 at 9:26 AM, punipuni said:

Hello.

Great initiative!

But in my environment I'm getting an error with AHK.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Error at line 52.

The following variable name contains an illegal character: "GameInfo.

"GameInfo.Length".

The program will exit.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I think I tried both V1 and V2 versions of AHK...

I am an AHK amateur so I could be wrong.

Could you please let me know?

Hey there most likely it runs Autohotkey v1 exe by default instead of V2. Try to select `Open With` and then select `Autohotkey\v2\AutoHotkey64.exe`

In Launchbox, simply create a emulator called `AutoHotKeyV2` to separate from v1, then point to the right EXE.

image.thumb.png.95a2503953616478aa49bc84a2dc6f7f.png

I used AHKv2 for my platforms below

image.thumb.png.8e1a9ec8072ebfbe7d18d190ec161884.png

Let me know if you''re still stuck, the pack should work as-is.