LaunchBox Community Forums

must be online to manage themes, why

What exactly are you trying to do within the Manage Themes UI? 

The UI does allow you to apply themes you have already downloaded without being online. However, without being online you would not be able to see any updates to themes or new themes. 

Keep in mind the Manage themes UI would only show new updates for themes or new themes if the theme builder submitted the new theme or theme updates to the LB team for testing and then inclusion to the UI. The Theme manager would not show anything related to new updates or new themes for themes that are only submitted to the forum. 

Below are images of the UI not connected to the internet and the UI when connected. 

No Internet:

Screenshot2023-12-24at5_09_36PM.thumb.png.638f826be2525b3f3e6059c736754084.png

Internet:

Screenshot2023-12-24at5_10_38PM.thumb.png.257b00d1499d5f01bdc9674c1496601b.png

• 3 months later...

In bigbox I cant manage themes right now either because it wont connect to launchbox servers.  This would be fine if I were trying to download themes, or view all themes. 

But you cant get access to your installed themes without passing the internet connection boss.  It even says "Please make sure you have an internet connection before trying to manage themes".  That honestly makes zero sense to me, there is no reason why I should not be able to change my installed themes,

The kicker is I am connected to the internet, and its just launchbox servers that are being funny.

Edited by Ritz
English is hard.

8 hours ago, Ritz said:

In bigbox I cant manage themes right now either because it wont connect to launchbox servers.  This would be fine if I were trying to download themes, or view all themes. 

But you cant get access to your installed themes without passing the internet connection boss.  It even says "Please make sure you have an internet connection before trying to manage themes".  That honestly makes zero sense to me, there is no reason why I should not be able to change my installed themes,

The kicker is I am connected to the internet, and its just launchbox servers that are being funny.

You can change themes in Options, no need to use the Manage Themes window. I've marked down to look into it though.