LaunchBox Community Forums

Moving LB to new PC -

dugan26

Hi All-

First off and once again - incredible product!!!! 

I needed to upgrade my PC for other reasons (not LB related). 

I have all my media local and moved it over to the new PC and the media shows up just like the old PC.

However my ROMS were on an external USB drive.

My ROMS do not show up - I am assuming its because the drive letter has changed with my new set up. 

Is there a way to change the path to the ROMS? I hope i don't have to do each ROM separately because then i will just re-build. 

Any advice? 

Dugan-

Select all the games in a platform and then in Tools > File Management there is an option to change the ROM path for the ROMs. Select the root folder they are in and it'll repoint the games to the correct file.

Hi so problem one fixed - it finds the path.

Now i launch the game ex 1941 and goes to black screen and then disappears. Games don't play.

Is there a way to look at some log files or something?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

There won't be any log files for that.  What platform/emulator?  Though there're several ports for 1941, I'll assume Arcade/MAME. 

Can you share some screenshots:

• Go to Tools, Manage, Emulators, select the emulator you’re using for MAME and provide a screenshot of the following sections:
    • Details
    • Associated Platforms
  • Select one of your Arcade (MAME) games (i.e. 1942) and click Edit (or press Ctrl+E). Provide a screenshot of the following sections:
    • Metadata
    • Launching
    • Emulation

One last question somewhat related -

i use to have a "Favorites" that i configured somewhere and it would show up in Big Box.

that seems to be gone - where is that setting? or maybe it was recently played or something?

thanks - everything else seems to be working thanks!