LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezels Not Matching Some Games

kaichou

Some of my games aren't showing that games bezels.  For example, Super Mario Bros. just shows the system bezel.  I checked for the config file for that game, and it isn't there.

I had to manually go to the bezel projects github, find the relevant files and put them there manually and rename the config to match my rom.  Now it shows up right.

So my question is, why didn't Launchbox get this done for me, and how can I fix it for the rest of my games without doing it manually?  That game is matched to the proper game ID: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/6123-super-mario-bros-duck-hunt

Thanks

BezelProject is based on file name typically. We do add some logic to help with the matching so that we match a bit more loosely than that project but it still is a contributing factor. I'd have to review the code we put in place. I don't remember if we overwrite any config files meaning if you already had something set up in the config we wouldn't have added the line to use the overlay.

I'd be curious on if Launchbox took gamesdb information into account, over rom file name.

If not, that means I need to rename my ROMs.  Any good tools you know of?  Preferably something that takes gamesdb ID's into account while renaming the files?  I'm thinking of gamesdb as the great equalizer if you haven't noticed.

Edited by kaichou