LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't seem to get mame games to play in launchbox

Hey all,

I just installed launch box and see all of my MAME games but when I try to play them nothing happens. All my games play within various versions of mame, but not in Launchbox.

If anyone can tell me what I need to do I'd dig it. I also downloaded retroarch but am not sure how to configure it. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

5 minutes ago, Thatroubleshootah said:

i think i had LB dload and setup mame. i've only tried with mame version 0.109u3

That is a bit conflicting. If you had LB set up Mame it would have used the most current. You are using a very old version of Mame.

If you are using 0.109u3 version the likely issue is there is a command line option that is probably not working with that old of a Mame version. The line below is added to LB set-ups for Mame to allow for pause menu feature to work. You can try deleting it from the "Default Command Line Paramters" section in Mame set-up in LB. 

-keyboardprovider dinput

My recommendation would be to scrap the old version and get a more modern set of roms and version of Mame. 

3 minutes ago, Thatroubleshootah said:

now when i try to launch a game the screen goes black like its trying to launch, but it just reverts back to the LB home screen

if your mame romset is 0.109 thats not gonna work with current versions of the emulator, its like 20 years old. manually download mame 0.109 from the mame website and use that, retro808 is also correct on that command too, it needs removing with a build as ancient as that.

3 hours ago, Thatroubleshootah said:

now when i try to launch a game the screen goes black like its trying to launch, but it just reverts back to the LB home screen

Without seeing you set-up in LB it is hard to tell what you have wrong. 

>Tools >Manage >Emulators and edit Mame. 

Post pics of the Details tab and the Associate Platforms tab. 

20 minutes ago, Thatroubleshootah said:

where is the best place to go to get a full set of latest mame roms?