LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to find game ID after searching for Metadata

Hello,

I am having issues with Launchbox assigning the appropriate ID for the game I'm searching. It is showing up as "No games found with that Specific Title."

image.thumb.png.3df2ef5485d46c151531be2b777007b3.png

I created the game entry in the Database myself back on March 4th, and have waited for it to be synced between the online database and Launchbox. I know sometimes it takes time for the game to sync between the two. Since creating the database entry, I have updated my Launchbox to the latest version. I have also tried to add the game as a "new game" numerous times to no avail. The game is originally purchased from GOG. 

image.thumb.png.190d3cc71082a340ad142083a3ce2b48.png

Here is the game I am trying to search in question:

https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/392098-the-thaumaturge

I have had this issue in the past before importing games, however it usually takes a few days to be able to search the game in launchbox with a database ID. I tried to edit the a line in the Data folder for the "windows" platform, <DatabaseID>xxxx</DatabaseID>, however I can not find or locate the database ID anywhere from launchbox or on the Online databased. I though at first the ID was in the URL but that is completely different. 

I am also requesting, as a person who has a large library and constantly purchasing games and adding to launchbox, can we please have the ability to manually type in the Database ID number, and also have that number available for view on the online database? That way if we need to troubleshoot issues like the one listed above, we can manually resolve it.  

Thanks in advance,

Though it's in the LB Database and inside /Metadata/Metadata.xml, it doesn't have an associated database ID # (at least not in the xml that LB automatically updates).

<Game>
    <Name>The Thaumaturge</Name>
    <ReleaseDate>2024-03-03T00:00:00-08:00</ReleaseDate>
    <Overview>The Thaumaturge is an isometric, etc. etc. etc.</Overview>
    <MaxPlayers>1</MaxPlayers>
    <ReleaseType>Released</ReleaseType>
    <Cooperative>false</Cooperative>
    <VideoURL>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfX-iKz2hKU</VideoURL>
    <WikipediaURL>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thaumaturge</WikipediaURL>
    <Platform>Windows</Platform>
    <ESRB>RP - Rating Pending</ESRB>
    <CommunityRatingCount>0</CommunityRatingCount>
    <Genres>Adventure; Role-Playing</Genres>
    <Developer>Fool's Theory</Developer>
    <Publisher>11 bit studios</Publisher>
</Game>

Then next game in the xml does have an ID#

image.png.8a64cc1ef6002c16e181b0c02ae1203c.png

As to why it doesn't have an associated ID yet, that's above my paygrade.  But at least we know it is there.  Mostly. ;)