LaunchBox Community Forums

Can no longer start Launchbox or revert to previous update

Taamo

After trying to update to the new beta version of Launchbox, I got an error saying it cannot remove the "Accessibility.dll". It repeats this for every dll file in the Core folder it seems. I cancelled the installation because of this, it said it rolled back, however I can no longer launch Launchbox now. It does the startup loading bar then instantly closes, Launchbox never actually starts. I tried going into the update folder to rollback to the last beta, however the exact same issue happened, unable to remove/replace the dll files. I've never had this issue before. Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it? I will provide a picture of the error pop up tomorrow if needed.

39 minutes ago, Taamo said:

After trying to update to the new beta version of Launchbox, I got an error saying it cannot remove the "Accessibility.dll". It repeats this for every dll file in the Core folder it seems. I cancelled the installation because of this, it said it rolled back, however I can no longer launch Launchbox now. It does the startup loading bar then instantly closes, Launchbox never actually starts. I tried going into the update folder to rollback to the last beta, however the exact same issue happened, unable to remove/replace the dll files. I've never had this issue before. Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it? I will provide a picture of the error pop up tomorrow if needed.

So after several more attempts, several times restarting my PC, and still trying to rollback to a previous update, it finally worked and my launchbox is opening again, I rolled back to Update 13.2 successfully this time, for some reason. That said, no idea what caused this still or why it suddenly worked now, so if anyone has any ideas I would love to know to avoid that kind of thing in the future. Thank you!

8 hours ago, livemoonkey said:

Why is no one answering this??? It's happening too often than talked about.

Answer what? The users was able to get up and running. Might not have been a LB issue. Could have been something specific to his pc.