LaunchBox Community Forums

How I can detect duplicate games?

Hi,

is it possible on LB to find games that are present on multiple platforms? I would like to know if i have imported the same game on multiple systems: for example, Guilty Gear XX. I have it on PS2, Arcade, Dreamcast, etc...

Is there a function to do that?

thank you!

1 hour ago, legolas119 said:

Hi,

is it possible on LB to find games that are present on multiple platforms? I would like to know if i have imported the same game on multiple systems: for example, Guilty Gear XX. I have it on PS2, Arcade, Dreamcast, etc...

Is there a function to do that?

thank you!

If you are referring to finding ports of other games, then there's kind of a system in place for this, but it's not perfect.

If you select one of your games you'll find a section inside of your game details pane called "Possible Ports", if you click that, it will find other games that have the exact same name as it.

thanks!

but i need a different feature: i would like to know, in general, which are the duplicate games present in my collection, i mean games that i have added for multiple systems For example: I know that i have guilty geak isuka for PS2, Dreamcast, naomi, etc...

But i would like to know ALL the games i have added for multiple systems. Is it possible?

thank you!

15 hours ago, legolas119 said:

thanks!

but i need a different feature: i would like to know, in general, which are the duplicate games present in my collection, i mean games that i have added for multiple systems For example: I know that i have guilty geak isuka for PS2, Dreamcast, naomi, etc...

But i would like to know ALL the games i have added for multiple systems. Is it possible?

thank you!

We don't have any hard data in the DB that two releases are for the same "master game". Best bet is to just select "All" in your side bar view and then sort by title and look for entries where the same name occurs several times in a row. Typically the boxes look pretty much the same as well and tend to stick out fairly easily. If you have premium when you find these you could add a custom field to them to be used in the future to help with that endeavor.

17 hours ago, legolas119 said:

please can you show me a screenshot

If you look at the grid it's easy to see which games are ports since there are several games in a row with the same name and box art.

image.thumb.png.8ce45140f7a42b106d2a9b754dae9e3b.png