LaunchBox Community Forums

Camputer Lynx

link182

Hello everyone, I'm trying to start this system but without success both by writing MLOAD"" and LOAD"" the games load but don't start, they are all in cass format, I also tried with this command line- lynx128k -skip_gameinfo -autoboot_command "mload""""""\n" -cass- found in an old post but nothing, can anyone help me? Thank you

You need to include the game's usage value as shown in the camplynx_cass.xml in MAME's hash folder.
Example Game Custom Parameters:
lynx96k -ab "MLOAD \"INVADERS\"\n" -autoboot_delay 2
and
lynx96k -ab "LOAD \"ZombiePanic\"\n" -autoboot_delay 2

Tapes play automatically and, once done, MLOADed games auto-run whereas LOADed ones may need RUN entered at a new > prompt.

Edited by spycat

Hello thank you for dedicating your time to me I state that I am a beginner, so if you can be clearer given my ignorance. Aloora I use MESS 0.210 I'll start by asking you: is the default command line parameter camplynx -cass?

lynx96k -ab "MLOAD \"INVADERS\"\n" -autoboot_delay 2
and
lynx96k -ab "LOAD \"ZombiePanic\"\n" -autoboot_delay 2

These parameters you gave me go in the game tab: custom command line parameters?

Excuse my ignorance and thank you in advance

I use MAME 0.264. I can't say whether MESS handled things differently or not.

Typical default parameters for MAME would be
lynx96k
or
lynx96k -cass1

The camplynx_cass xml shows that each game has a usage value that includes a name unique to each game, so custom parameters are needed for each game. See the two examples I've posted above.

By way of an example, in MAME's camplynx_cass xml the first entry (3D Monster Craze) has the line
<info name="usage" value="MLOAD &quot;3D MONSTER&quot;" />
That tells you that the command for that game is
MLOAD "3D MONSTER"

If you are using the Default Parameters
lynx96k
Launch the game, and at the prompt type
MLOAD "3D MONSTER"
and press Return.

If you prefer to automate things then set a game custom parameter
lynx96k -ab "MLOAD \"3D MONSTER\"\n" -autoboot_delay 2

Edited by spycat

hello thanks again finally I managed it works, thanks to you of course, anyway if I try to insert custom commands to automate individual games the emulator does not start who knows why. But it's okay so I enter everything manually P.S. would you call me rude if I asked you for a hand for the Luxor Abc 80?

8 minutes ago, link182 said:

hello thanks again finally I managed it works, thanks to you of course, anyway if I try to insert custom commands to automate individual games the emulator does not start who knows why. But it's okay so I enter everything manually P.S. would you call me rude if I asked you for a hand for the Luxor Abc 80?

This was in my notes from a long time ago.  I have it 'checked' that it worked.  So it should work. ;) 

abc80 -autoboot_delay "3" -autoboot_command "run\"%romfile%\"\n" %romfile%

(Don't change anything. Just copy/paste the above into the Command-line Parameters for the Associated Platform.)

Thanks for the help then always using mame 0264 I copied the command line, I have 4 bios files downloaded abc80, abc80kb,abc830,sn74s263 for the roms of the games I only found rocket and hiresinv in zipped bac format. In launchbox the emulator briefly shows the screen but then it doesn't start, what am I wrong?

With that command line, should only need abc80.zip (bios). But the others won't hurt.  As long as they're all somewhere within your rompath.

1 hour ago, link182 said:

I only found rocket and hiresinv in zipped bac format.

I don't know what a "zipped bac format" is.  For my Hires Invasion, I have "hiresinv.zip" and inside of it is "hiresinv.dsk".  My abc80_flop set is from MAME 0.233, so I don't have "rocket".  In fact, for 0.233 there's only 12 ROMs total.  

Note:  There may be more [than 12] ROMs for abc80 available in 0.262 (which would include 'rocket'?).   Don't know for sure.

Question:  Is it worth even setting up? ;) 

Did you try opening MAME, going into "ABC 80", selecting Hires Invasion and pressing Enter to play it?  As in, if you can't run in it MAME, you can't run it through LaunchBox.

image.thumb.png.72d47d0c42de8e136c5f67543aed7e47.png

image.thumb.png.f1495091e32f9fafd1e4019546b2e93a.png

While in there, click "Available" to make sure MAME can even see the ROM.  (If it doesn't show up in the list on the right, MAME can't see it)