LaunchBox Community Forums

Trying to create a top-level "Lightgun Games" Category

I want "Lightgun Games" to be a top level similar to the video below.

One change though, in the video it looks like all the lightgun games are MAME. I want All Lightgun games (M2, M3, NES, etc). I envision a top level "Lightgun Games" with a submenu for Arcade, NES, etc - and in each of those platforms, only lightgun games would be listed. Yes I am aware of playlists, no that's not what I want. This is an arcade cabinet and I want it to be intuitive even if you've never used it.

I tried creating a top level category "Lightguns" but I think there is a bug in Launchbox because the category is getting listed under "Handhelds" despite me not nesting it there. 

image.thumb.png.941db74c5cf996104c174167945367ac.png

The other problem I am having is that when I try to move a lightgun game to my custom "Arcade-Lightgun" Platform, it is not listed as an option.

image.thumb.png.3de0b83ef407ada370362ba7177b8634.pngimage.thumb.png.8c1f732329e9a63c6a9792a1566e98c3.pngimage.thumb.png.787afb34f3c2fafcd674c7fb34ad1708.pngimage.thumb.png.a5e461afdc8cb56e53c2a2fe7b8ef269.png

Am I doing something wrong?

24 minutes ago, timekiller said:

I tried creating a top level category "Lightguns" but I think there is a bug in Launchbox because the category is getting listed under "Handhelds" despite me not nesting it there. 

It's not in your handheld section it's under it. In you picture Handheld is collapsed (can tell because arrow is pointing right instead of down) and your Lightgun category is next in the list, it looks a bit different because that category doesn't have an icon like the others do.

25 minutes ago, timekiller said:

Am I doing something wrong?

That combo box only fills in with data from other games in your collection as I remember. After you change the first game to the new platform then it should appear in that drop down in future games.

14 minutes ago, timekiller said:

It's not "under" Handhelds, it's (alphabetically" "below" it.  Not the Handhelds is collapsed.

18 minutes ago, timekiller said:

The other problem I am having is that when I try to move a lightgun game to my custom "Arcade-Lightgun" Platform, it is not listed as an option.

When editing the game, and then [attempting to] change the platform, manually type in "Arcade-Lightgun" and click OK to save.  Then, now that you have at least one game in that platform, when you subsequently change a games platform, it will appear.