LaunchBox Community Forums

Additional Apps Keep Coming Back/Duplicating

Posted (edited)

I am having a very strange issue. Today while getting some new games setup I noticed that a lot of my lightgun games in my Sinden playlist had duplicates of most of their additional apps. So I used the Bulk Remove tool and mass removed all of them. The apps I was removing were for starting/stopping the Sinden software at game launch/close. So I used the bulk tool to add the applications back so that the games would only have a single copy as they should. So I added them back, problem solved right? Nope, I checked after restarting LB and noticed that it had doubled additional apps again, so I tested again, this time I just removed all the additional apps, didn't re-add them, so there shouldn't have been additional apps for starting/stopping the sinden software on any of these games. Restarted LB once again, and once again the additonal apps reappeared, and after another LB restart they had once again doubled. 

It is not doing this to all games using additional apps, it seems to be Arcade platform games in the Sinden playlist, and not all additional apps are duplicating. This is a very bizarre issue that was not happening previously. Not even sure where to look for what is going on. Any insight and help would be greatly appreciated.

The images attached are of the same game between a single restart, no idea what is happening.

Thanks

image.png.91e89036a9c87e88b39d637db7112352.pngimage.png.d060cfcbd846d8a5f90a7cea375725d6.png

****UPDATE*****

I seem to have found the issue, at some point I must have duplicated my Arcade Platform XML, it was labeled Arcade - Copy, and it seems to have been causing the duplicates to happen. I have removed the xml and tested multiple times and now everything seems to be staying correct. Luckily stumbled upon a post that mentioned something with XML causing duplication's and turned out to be the case for me.

Edited by Moleburt
Update

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Moleburt said:

I am having a very strange issue. Today while getting some new games setup I noticed that a lot of my lightgun games in my Sinden playlist had duplicates of most of their additional apps. So I used the Bulk Remove tool and mass removed all of them. The apps I was removing were for starting/stopping the Sinden software at game launch/close. So I used the bulk tool to add the applications back so that the games would only have a single copy as they should. So I added them back, problem solved right? Nope, I checked after restarting LB and noticed that it had doubled additional apps again, so I tested again, this time I just removed all the additional apps, didn't re-add them, so there shouldn't have been additional apps for starting/stopping the sinden software on any of these games. Restarted LB once again, and once again the additonal apps reappeared, and after another LB restart they had once again doubled. 

It is not doing this to all games using additional apps, it seems to be Arcade platform games in the Sinden playlist, and not all additional apps are duplicating. This is a very bizarre issue that was not happening previously. Not even sure where to look for what is going on. Any insight and help would be greatly appreciated.

The images attached are of the same game between a single restart, no idea what is happening.

Thanks

image.png.91e89036a9c87e88b39d637db7112352.pngimage.png.d060cfcbd846d8a5f90a7cea375725d6.png

Sounds like you may have Automated Imports turned on.  Check Tools, Options, Automated Imports and see if checked on.   If so, you can uncheck it and won't reimport.  Second option is more of temp fix as there is no per platform toggle for auto import. But you can go to the platform for those you don't want auto import turned on and point the games folder to an empty folder for that platform (i.e., not where you have AHK files). If doe this have to be careful never to use the "Scan for Removed Roms" function for that platform. 

Edited by sundogak

8 hours ago, sundogak said:

Sounds like you may have Automated Imports turned on.  Check Tools, Options, Automated Imports and see if checked on.   If so, you can uncheck it and won't reimport.  Second option is more of temp fix as there is no per platform toggle for auto import. But you can go to the platform for those you don't want auto import turned on and point the games folder to an empty folder for that platform (i.e., not where you have AHK files). If doe this have to be careful never to use the "Scan for Removed Roms" function for that platform. 

no, it often happens even with manual addition, I often end up with so many apps all the same in the same game. I delete, I keep only one but it happens after a few months that I still end up with duplicate apps, I honestly have no idea why it happens