LaunchBox Community Forums

EmuMovies is not working with some Arcade (MAME) games

Shad8

Hello, i'm having trouble with some arcade games, not all games but the majority.

The platform is MAME, scraping as Arcade and as you can see, only the music file is found.

I have a EmuMovies premium account and all others platform is working well.

Does anyone else have this problem?

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by Shad8
Title changed

1 hour ago, Shad8 said:

The platform is MAME, scraping as Arcade and as you can see, only the music file is found.

For Out Run, 'Music' is the only one from EmuMovies that shows for me too.  Without heading over to EmuMovies to verify, I'd say that's all they have for this game (outrun.zip).

1 minute ago, JoeViking245 said:

For Out Run, 'Music' is the only one from EmuMovies that shows for me too.  Without heading over to EmuMovies to verify, I'd say that's all they have for this game (outrun.zip).

I'm pretty sure that's not the case, if i use EmuMovies Sync app, i can find all the media of my library (about 255 games).

Never happened before, everything has always worked properly.

The strange thing is that the problem is limited only for some MAME games, not all..the majority i would say.

Thanks for your help

2 hours ago, Shad8 said:

So, after few days the issue still persist. Anybody's looking in to this? @circo

@Shad8 iI will take a quick stab at this without knowing your exact details. If I get this wrong please submit a support ticket over at EmuMovies and we can investigate further.

If I am reading this right you are getting some videos but many are missing. The only way I can see this happening is if you had HD as the only video format selected.  We do not as yet have a full HD set but in launchbox if you select HD and HQ it will grab HQ videos when HD is not present.

If that’s not it please send in a support ticket and we can check if there is anything going on with your account.

@JoeViking245 i also did a double check on outrun.  And the files are all present.  Not sure if there is a glitch in the lb db or something.  But videos can also be grabbed individually from the FTP if needed. I did do a full database cache rebuild in case that was the issue.

Edited by circo

20 minutes ago, circo said:

I will take a quick stab at this without knowing your exact details.  And excuse me if I glossed over something, not at a computer just now. If I get this wrong please submit a support ticket over at EmuMovies and we can investigate further.

If I am reading this right you are getting some videos but many are missing. The only way I can see this happening is if you had HD as the only video format selected.  We do not as yet have a full HD set but in launchbox if you select HD and HQ it will grab HQ videos when HD is not present.

If that’s not it please send in a support ticket and we can check if there is anything going on with your account.

Hey thanks for reply. The problem is that i can't select anything for some games, as you can see from screenshot i posted above, the only option that i have is music.

I redid the whole import procedure in a fresh LB setup and only 122 of 240 were successfully scraped from EmuMovies (except the music).

I have this problem only on Arcade games, other platforms works as expected so my account is working fine i guess, also if i use EmuMovies Sync app, i can find all the media of my MAME library.

On 7/20/2024 at 2:13 PM, JoeViking245 said:

JoeViking245 seems to have the same problem as mine, Outrun was only an example, a lot of other games have the same issue (at least for me).

I'm just guessing, could there be a problem between LaunchBox and EmuMovies regarding arcade games? It would be helpful if someone else confirms if they have the same problem or not.

55 minutes ago, circo said:

i also did a double check on outrun.  And the files are all present.  Not sure if there is a glitch in the lb db or something.

First off, thank you for all your work and all you do for our viewing pleasure!

I rechecked the game "Out Run" (outrun.zip) in LB and reset its link to the LB-db (just in case?).  It's still only showing "Music" as being available from EmuMovies.

I then checked the ftp site and was able to find it under "/Official/Video Snaps (HQ)/MAME (Video Snaps)(HQ)(EM .252)".  I don't how all the inner workings work between LB and EmuMovies.  Which is fine (and probably preferred. ;)).  I presume when LB parses EmuMovies, if the LB platform is being scraped-as "Arcade", it knows to look for "MAME".  So not sure what's going on.

That was on my test PC.  On my cab, I get the same results ("Music" only). However I do already have an EmuMovies branded video snap for the game.  And that's what counts. 😎  Per the Date/Time stamp, the video was downloaded almost 3 years ago.  And that would have been done via LB (vs. FTP).

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Shad8 said:

Hey thanks for reply. The problem is that i can't select anything for some games, as you can see from screenshot i posted above, the only option that i have is music.

I redid the whole import procedure in a fresh LB setup and only 122 of 240 were successfully scraped from EmuMovies (except the music).

I have this problem only on Arcade games, other platforms works as expected so my account is working fine i guess, also if i use EmuMovies Sync app, i can find all the media of my MAME library.

JoeViking245 seems to have the same problem as mine, Outrun was only an example, a lot of other games have the same issue (at least for me).

I'm just guessing, could there be a problem between LaunchBox and EmuMovies regarding arcade games? It would be helpful if someone else confirms if they have the same problem or not.

We haven’t been getting any error reports besides this. All files are present but I won’t lay eyes on my launchbox install until Monday, so I cannot test myself. Have you tried going into your global launchbox settings and verified that all video formats are selected for emumovies? 

25 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

First off, thank you for all your work and all you do for our viewing pleasure!

I rechecked the game "Out Run" (outrun.zip) in LB and reset its link to the LB-db (just in case?).  It's still only showing "Music" as being available from EmuMovies.

I then checked the ftp site and was able to find it under "/Official/Video Snaps (HQ)/MAME (Video Snaps)(HQ)(EM .252)".  I don't how all the inner workings work between LB and EmuMovies.  Which is fine (and probably preferred. ;)).  I presume when LB parses EmuMovies, if the LB platform is being scraped-as "Arcade", it knows to look for "MAME".  So not sure what's going on.

That was on my test PC.  On my cab, I get the same results ("Music" only). However I do already have an EmuMovies branded video snap for the game.  And that's what counts. 😎  Per the Date/Time stamp, the video was downloaded almost 3 years ago.  And that would have been done via LB (vs. FTP).

Hey thanks ☺️

It’s possible there is a glitch in how LB is scraping, I have no control over that, but it’s my understanding that it matches a few ways and rom names are one of them. So I would just be wildly guessing as to what the issue is there.  

I won’t see my test rig until Monday, going to the CAX game show in Santa Clara. 

• Game On 1

9 minutes ago, circo said:

We haven’t been getting any error reports besides this. All files are present but I won’t lay eyes on my launchbox install until Monday, so I cannot test myself. Have you tried going into your global launchbox settings and verified that all video formats are selected for emumovies? 

Sorry, but i don't see the option you talking about in LB settings 😓

This is what i see in a working game ('88 Games in this example):

88.thumb.png.62779406618adba32bbc2aa9f6f32733.png

And this is a non-working one (Metal Slug 5):

ms5.thumb.png.f6d27e4458a58b418a335691d14a80f2.png

Anyway, i have all the video files I need, i just wanted to report that there's probably some bugs that should be investigated @C-Beats @Jason Carr

Thanks for your help and feedback, really appreciated 🫡

4 minutes ago, Shad8 said:

Sorry, but i don't see the option you talking about in LB settings 😓

This is what i see in a working game ('88 Games in this example):

88.thumb.png.62779406618adba32bbc2aa9f6f32733.png

And this is a non-working one (Metal Slug 5):

ms5.thumb.png.f6d27e4458a58b418a335691d14a80f2.png

Anyway, i have all the video files I need, i just wanted to report that there's probably some bugs that should be investigated @C-Beats @Jason Carr

Thanks for your help and feedback, really appreciated 🫡

I’ll run this up the flagpole, I don’t think it’s on the emumovies side as all the files are present and it’s only mame being affected.  

• Thanks 1

• Shad8 changed the title to EmuMovies is not working with some Arcade (MAME) games
11 hours ago, circo said:

I’ll run this up the flagpole, I don’t think it’s on the emumovies side as all the files are present and it’s only mame being affected.  

Our EmuMovies logic hasn't been touched in over two years. The cause off the issue is that when we use the end point that gathers all the media items for the Arcade platform you have music files associated to "Out Run" and not "outrun". We do title match first, file match second. We see "Out Run" has media associated to it and then don't check "outrun" for the others. If the distinction is intentional and we need to change the logic feel free to let us know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Our EmuMovies logic hasn't been touched in over two years. The cause off the issue is that when we use the end point that gathers all the media items for the Arcade platform you have music files associated to "Out Run" and not "outrun". We do title match first, file match second. We see "Out Run" has media associated to it and then don't check "outrun" for the others. If the distinction is intentional and we need to change the logic feel free to let us know.

This is great info, never knew that.  We added music 2 weeks ago to mame and it was submitted using launchbox naming vs rom naming.  Had no idea that would break the integration. Now that I realize whats happening that makes sense. We will pull down the music category for MAME on the LaunchBox server until such time we can get those files renamed.

Edited by circo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, circo said:

This is great info, never knew that.  We added music 2 weeks ago to mame and it was submitted using launchbox naming vs rom naming.  Had no idea that would break the integration. Now that I realize whats happening that makes sense. We will pull down the music category for MAME on the LaunchBox server until such time we can get those files renamed.

I can confirm that everything is working as it should now.

Problem solved, you are the best guys.

Thanks

• Like 1