LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Playlist ๐Ÿ“„ Top 5 Games Of All Time ๐ŸŽ–๏ธ + Steam Key Giveaway

AstroBob

Top 5 games. eh!?ย  As Mario would say:

"Here we go!"ย 

1. Deux Ex (I played the heck out of this game, starting and restarting, and always trying to get the smoothest playthrough.ย  Plus, the voice acting!)
    ย 
  2. Hero's Quest: So You Want to be a Heroย (before the lawsuit and it became Quest for Glory. I first saw this game at a Basic programming competition in 1990. I loved the RPG elements mixed with the earlier point and click adventures.ย  It was nice that it got remasted.)
    ย 
  3. Wonderboy in Monsterland on the Sega Master System (A fun little classic that I spent a lot of hours trying to get past.ย  I do love save states now)
    ย 
  4. Dishonoured (like Deux Ex, this game is amazing with the world, the levelling up, the powers/abilities, the stealth, the murder -- peak gaming)
    ย 
  5. Legends of Zelda (never played this as a kid as we had Sega and not Nintendo, but I found it as an adult and just feeling part of that long history is nice.ย  Plus it isn't 1000 hours long)

Dxcover.jpg.e62386ecc910ae0276ebd4e652413b37.jpgQg1cover.jpg.e51bd7c65011a881d9faa60ca6e05f92.jpgmaxresdefault.thumb.jpg.87e9b4dc513c1697c257c20aea7957a5.jpg11524.jpg.ec292d3caab8934672c0c65ccdc5867e.jpgimages.jpg.5e02bf28779123fa27cf285baed0fd61.jpg

Have enjoyed the week but haven't managed to watch all of them live.

My top five would have to be

Turrican 2 (Amiga)

Doom (PC)

Street Fighter 2 (Arcade)

Defender of the Crown (GBA)

Skidmarks (Amiga)

A bit of a mixed bag but these are what I've played the most and keep coming back to.ย 

ย 

• Like 2

-Kingdom Hearts 2 (ps2 cause French voices are awesome)

-Sly Collectionย 

-Ratchet and Clankย 

-Horizon Zรฉro Downย 

-Pokรฉmon Ruby Omega/Saphir Alpha (MEGA Blaziken ๐Ÿ” )

ย 

oh ! And this is a fan games but Pokรฉmon Xenoverse is awesome !

ย 

ย 

ย 

IMG_3411.jpeg

IMG_3413.jpeg

IMG_3412.jpeg

IMG_3415.jpeg

IMG_3414.jpeg

IMG_3416.jpeg

Thank you all for your incredible contributions! This event has now wrapped up, and itโ€™s been amazing to see so many fantastic games as peopleโ€™s favorites. Thereโ€™s definitely a trend of well-known classics, but also some hidden gems I hadnโ€™t encountered before (thanks for essentially doubling my backlog!). Itโ€™s been a blast discovering new games and revisiting old favorites through your suggestions. ๐Ÿ˜„

Next week, weโ€™ll be finalizing both the playlists and the prize winners.

• Weโ€™ll update this post once the games are added to the playlist, so keep an eye on the Game Discovery Center.
  • As for the giveaway, winners will be contacted via DM, and weโ€™ll update this post once everyoneโ€™s been notified.
  • We'll also give a little recap as to what some of the most popular games submitted here were, stay tuned! ๐Ÿ™Œ

Thanks again for making this event a blast! โ€” this is just the beginning for community playlists

giphy.webp

ย 

• Game On 1

• AstroBob unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Hi Folks,

With the release of LaunchBox 13.16 today, you can now find a lovely new playlist in your Game Discovery Center. As you explore Big Box, you might come across a playlist called Community Top Picks - Event Playlist, featuring some truly awesome suggestions! ๐Ÿ˜‰ย Hopefully, it gives you some suggestions for some hidden gems you might not have tried before ๐Ÿ™Œ

Thank you once again to everyone who contributed to this list. The winners of the Steam keys for this event have all been contacted.

More details on the release can be found below:

ย