LaunchBox Community Forums

Community Playlist πŸ“„ Party Time! πŸ₯³ + Steam Key Giveaway

AstroBob

It depends on the generation but here are some of my favorites from when I was growing up

Mario Kart (SNES)

Saturn Bomberman (Saturn)

Power Stone (Dreamcast)

Halo (Xbox - Lan Parties)

Speed Runner - I am shocked at how much fun this game is for such a simple / low budget game.

These have to be some of the most played offline party games amongst my friends.Β 

• Wii Sports Resort (Wii) - I was going to go with a Mario Party game first but Nintendo has beat that horse for so long, I just can't. We need more motion control party games like this classic.
  • Mario Tennis 64 (N64) - Loved the controls on thisΒ and it wasn't so heavy on power-ups and gimmicksΒ like later versions.
  • Beach Spikers (Gamecube) - SEGA put out some cool sports games for a while and this is probably one of the least played but most fun.Β 
  • Time Splitters 2 (PS2) - 4 player split screen with aΒ great variety of characters, levels, weapons, etc. Next time you have the itch for GoldenEye, play this instead.
  • Jerry Glanville's Pigskin Footbrawl (Genesis/Arcade) - Only 1 v 1 multiplayer but theΒ chaosΒ never gets old. Anyone can play it, theyΒ don't have to like football, games are short, winner stays.Β 

My best party games:

1) Rock Band (PS4) - I'll tell you what, when a friend of mine first got this we played nothing else for weeks! We had a small group so everyone got to play an instrument. It was a great time!

2) Just Dance (Wii) - Yes, I know.. the Wii. But for people who aren't really into video games it was a great way to get them involved. Four of us would rotate play, support each other (with some trash talk thrown in) and just have a good time looking like fools.

• Sonic adventure 2: With my friends, we always competed with our Chaos. We didn't have guides, and there was always a lot of competition over who had the coolest Chao.
  • Crash Team Racing: Always maximum competition, trying never to miss a shortcut or a boost. Each friend had a favorite track where they never missed a beat. πŸ›’
  • Halo 2: lockout map with snipers at 3 am
  • KOF 98':Β  has always been a favorite fighting game here in Latin America. There would be lines of 4 or 5 people waiting to take on the combo king or the one who would trap you in the corner. πŸ˜’
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Michelangelo 4 ever

maxresdefault.jpg

wp5376372.jpg

3.jpg

ChaoGarden.jpg

I've never had a console growing up so my list will be more PC focused still I've got one N64 game in mind when thinking about party games since it was so prevalent friends households

• Mario Kart 64 (The Mario Kart game that I've played the most since everyone I knew had this on their N64. A great game to this day)
  • Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed (To me this is the best Kart Race that has ever been. Best items, no Blue Shell, a hell of a soundtrack, soooo many drivers and tracks. Needs a real sequel!)
  • Magicka (The sheer chaos that's ensuing on screen once a fight starts is just a sight to behold. Great fun with any number of friends)
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (This is probably my most played game of all time even though I just played it for a couple of years and then never touched it again. Every other PES that came later didn't live up to it)
  • Castle Crashers (There's countless evenings that I spend with some flatmates way back just playing Castle Crashers for weeks on end. Still think it holds up very wellΒ today)

e2631772cc931ae00d9e2d730b6abb7b.jpg.f31f96131af7a7b9dfc9fc81aa94efec.jpg8ccc79e3410e55b4dfaffda2089466a7.jpg.5fe0427eaec386b6decb4ea7c991d5dc.jpgc64c52f85531844a5af97042f93c3418.jpg.879f1eee575c95faef682cbf00407abc.jpg69054b3dade80ebd345ca0de53a796fd.jpg.a181e6f12c26721f81fe609724fef6d1.jpg7b70922c241d472a0c2124a71b2d36cc.png.ddf306088c4b3e37cb455562df9c96d5.png

Quite possibly the first party game and still one of the very best in my mind (COME ON BLUE!!!)
Horse Racing (1980) - Download ROM Intellivision - Emurom.netDownload Horse Racing (Intellivision) - My Abandonware

And from the LAN Party days...
Doom II - WikipediaQuake (video game) - Wikipedia
Finally, turning your friends into chickens in Heretic was just too good.
image.jpeg.36ff6d4050af0357c5a42cb0a7713843.jpegimage.jpeg.745a68c5bc6411414449f7c82b970690.jpeg