LaunchBox Community Forums

The Great Game Gauntlet 👑 DAY 5

AstroBob

The Great Game Gauntlet: Round 5  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Cast your vote for the game you believe deserves the title of the ultimate video game collection! 🎮

• Castlevania Advance Collection
    • SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics
    • Tomb Raider I-III Remastered
    • Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2
    • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

I've been started my roms collection recently, some of my initial games are in LaunchBox, ones from PS2, PS1, PS3, Switch, Wii and Gamecube, and getting all box arts by myself. So it's a job that takes a long time 😅. And i put the original box art from every game based on his region, USA games have USA box art, EUR games the same, etc. Hope i can win a Android License too, love LaunchBox 🤠

I use the default console settings, and then making subfolders like Games, Prototypes, Hacks, Translations, Homebrews and so. Also I find myself using the list view like if it were MAME the most. It's faster and more comfortable when you've tons of roms.

I like to have the games organized according their systems and using the default categories of Launchbox, which I think it is great. Also like to include every single bit of available info, manuals, and pictures from the database, and pairing that with EmuMovies just is the icing in the cake.

• Like 1

I have ALWAYS struggled to keep track of which games I actually have installed. And as space becomes a problem it matters to me even more to be able to locate and, if necessary, unistall them. I manage my games very simply (thanks to LaunchBox) via the Installed - Yes filter feature.  It's not much, but it's exactly what I need from the tool!!

I haven't changed much except add favourites, and also create a playlist for local-multiplayer games.

Launchbox really needs a better way to filter by local-multiplayer games. This would make bringing up BigBox and selecting games so much funner when friends are over; especially since they don't know the games I have.

I also love this software for being able to search on my various gaming platforms to see if I have a game already.

I have to confess that I'm a bit lazy when it comes to managing my games lol... That said, I created a few playlists like games I want to 100%, unfinished games and higly-replayable games (like survival and roguelike games)

Unfortunately I don't used the created a playlist or filter by category options , maybe because I'm new to launchbox. As I learning how to navigate through launchbox I'll probably will used those options as times passes by.

Forgot to mention, I do use the Favorite option.

Edited by Sonic Black 81

I'm using only the roms and isos I play or i'm willing to play, so the pre-built categories in Launchbox manage my collection exactly the way I want. I don't need to tweak anything to manage my collection beyond that.

The flexible way to customize and organize exactly the way I like, with many options available. I don't have Emu Movies and I didn't really like the snap videos either, so I provide the videos and music, manuals, and edit the media that I don't like, and I use Big Box to play, with Viking's COLOURFULL Light theme, which is sensational.

Edited by Oniontears

Well, I don't download roms-pack, I only add games that I want to play, and I like to create different platforms when the console has differences between regions (example: Mega Drive and Genesis), 
I also create playlists for genres, series and publishers.

I have a setup similar to C-Beats but mine includes sub platform for all the add on consoles or unique things available in emulators like NES HD games or SNES widescreen games.

- Platform Category (Console, Handheld, etc)
     - Platform Manufacturer (Sony, Nintendo, etc)
          - Platform (Genesis, SNES, NES, etc)
            - Sub Platform (Sega CD, 32x, FDS, N64DD, NES HD, etc)

I also like to manually add fan translations and some hacked games to my collection but I merge them with the original game and add all the credits, version number, patch release date, etc. to custom fields. it's very time consuming but I like the end result.

• Like 1