LaunchBox Community Forums

The Great Game Gauntlet 👑 DAY 5

AstroBob

The Great Game Gauntlet: Round 5  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Cast your vote for the game you believe deserves the title of the ultimate video game collection! 🎮

• Castlevania Advance Collection
    • SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics
    • Tomb Raider I-III Remastered
    • Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2
    • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

I pretty much only organize my games in the completed category or not. I know I'm not going to finish every single game I own, but it feels good to click on that 'complete' checkbox. I used to also have a playlist for 'broken' games or games that could give me headaches, but I just hide them now.

My number one way is by System!!! I made all the system banners the actual nostalgic boxes for the system!

image.thumb.png.fd92d6973746c8752d42b9510b645cb7.png

After that I just do playlists. For me a saved game by each system. And for my son and girlfriend I made their own playlist of games they were interested in playing!

image.thumb.png.2704d830844bbeb822b3c8ae81d5b64d.png

2 hours ago, Special T said:

I have a setup similar to C-Beats but mine includes sub platform for all the add on consoles or unique things available in emulators like NES HD games or SNES widescreen games.

- Platform Category (Console, Handheld, etc)
     - Platform Manufacturer (Sony, Nintendo, etc)
          - Platform (Genesis, SNES, NES, etc)
            - Sub Platform (Sega CD, 32x, FDS, N64DD, NES HD, etc)

I also like to manually add fan translations and some hacked games to my collection but I merge them with the original game and add all the credits, version number, patch release date, etc. to custom fields. it's very time consuming but I like the end result.

Ohhh!! I like the idea of Sub-Platforms and I think I will apply them to my collection. 

One doubt. With handhelds, do you include the "color" versions (like Game Boy, WonderSwan or NeoGeo Pocket) as Platform or Sub-Platform? They are different consoles, but also they are a kind of enhanced version. 🤔

Edited by MrDeKat
  • Like 1

Honestly, I've just recently found out about LaunchBox. I have messed around with it for a little bit, but have all the settings and whatnot on default. I am looking forward to start customizing it more though.

1 hour ago, MrDeKat said:

Ohhh!! I like the idea of Sub-Platforms and I think I will apply them to my collection. 

One doubt. With handhelds, do you include the "color" versions (like Game Boy, WonderSwan or NeoGeo Pocket) as Platform or Sub-Platform? They are different consoles, but also they are a kind of enhanced version. 🤔

I don't have a category for platform variation. Outside of a few handhelds there wouldn't be a huge need (Game Boy/Color, Neo Geo Pocket/Color, etc). I just group mine by manufacturer. So Handhelds > Nintendo has GB, GBC, GBA, NDS, 3DS for example

• Like 1

Most often my games are organized by system, but sometimes it's great to select a title, series, or genre and see how everything looks together!  This is especially true with franchises or games that span multiple generations of consoles such as Star Wars, Mario Bros, or Street Fighter 2!  It's very satisfying to look and see how a game and its characters/stories have progressed over time!  

Thanks for all the great comments, folks! It’s awesome to see so many of you prefer sticking to the default sorting and just focusing on playing the games! 😁 After all, that’s what it’s all about.

Day 5 of the gauntlet is now closed, and the people have spoken—the ultimate winner is:

🧛‍♂️ CASTLEVANIA ADVANCE COLLECTION 🧛‍♂️

That means there will be extra keys of this game up for grabs in the prize pool. Check out the master post where we'll be providing updates on the prize winners