Starwind Amada Posted Saturday at 04:12 PM Posted Saturday at 04:12 PM Launchbox is broken AGAIN. It was working fine for the past week. Then, for absolutely no reason, it gave me some error message and crashed before I could read it. Now, it won't reopen. It gets stuck on "Loading Interface" I found out that you should delete the Plugins folder in case any are outdated. That folder was empty. The other tips on Google are all techno BS that will probably screw up my PC. This is with version 14.0.1. What does this keep happening? One minute it's fine and then suddenly everything breaks. Unbroken Software makes nothing but broken software. Too bad every other frontend is trash. They stopped caring with version 14.0. I guarantee the next version will fix nothing. Quote
JoeViking245 Posted Saturday at 04:32 PM Posted Saturday at 04:32 PM Quote IMPORTANT! Please remember to include the following when providing your feedback: The program you are referring to that you have tested: LaunchBox or Big Box Your hardware specs and OS What you were doing in the app and how you were doing it Which theme you used The input you were using during your testing: controller, keyboard, or mouse List all community plugins that you have installed If you experience any crashes (LaunchBox or Big Box crashes to your desktop), we'll need the whole crash report, which includes Windows event logs (a lot of times it's multiple logs related to the same crash) and the mini memory dump that is stored in your Logs folder. The dumps may be large and include private data, so reach out if you want to share privately Your LaunchBox and/or Big Box debug logs Quote
Starwind Amada Posted Saturday at 04:36 PM Author Posted Saturday at 04:36 PM Just now, JoeViking245 said: Launchbox version 14.0.1 System Specs: Device Name DESKTOP-58TN53R Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor 3.90 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB Storage 932 GB SSD Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1TB, 932 GB HDD ST1000DM003-1SB102, 932 GB HDD WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0, 238 GB SSD Lexar SSD Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB) Device ID C9B3F1CE-3113-405D-9A70-6521554956A5 Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA381 System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display I was using the app like normal. Just scrolling through my collection. Theme - default Input - keyboard/mouse No plugins installed. I have no idea what a crash log is or how to find it. I can't reopen Launchbox for the 20th time in a month. Quote
MysterNybble Posted yesterday at 04:58 AM Posted yesterday at 04:58 AM 12 hours ago, Starwind Amada said: Launchbox version 14.0.1 System Specs: Device Name DESKTOP-58TN53R Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor 3.90 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB Storage 932 GB SSD Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1TB, 932 GB HDD ST1000DM003-1SB102, 932 GB HDD WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0, 238 GB SSD Lexar SSD Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB) Device ID C9B3F1CE-3113-405D-9A70-6521554956A5 Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA381 System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display I was using the app like normal. Just scrolling through my collection. Theme - default Input - keyboard/mouse No plugins installed. I have no idea what a crash log is or how to find it. I can't reopen Launchbox for the 20th time in a month. Believe it or not we do care, though I get the impression I won't convince you of that. I am very curious what makes you think that 14.0 was when we stopped caring but if you're willing to help us out maybe we can figure out why this is happening for you. Since you say LaunchBox won’t open here's what we do for now > Open your LaunchBox installation folder, then open Logs. Look for files dated around the crash. You can also check Logs\Crash Reports to see if anything is in here. If LaunchBox continues to stay stuck on “Loading Interface,” leave it running. Open task manager, select Details, right-click LaunchBox.exe, and choose Create memory dump file (sometimes called Create dump file). If there are more than one LaunchBox.exe do this for each of them. It should show you where it saved the file. ZIP that file and if you have a cloud storage drive upload it and DM me the link. If you don't, send me a DM anyway and I'll get you a way to upload it. FYI - these memory dumps can contain private information, so please don’t attach them here. Please include roughly when the crash happened and how long you left LaunchBox loading and if you are on Windows 10 or 11 and which build. These files should help us identify where it is getting stuck before asking you to change your installation. Quote
Starwind Amada Posted yesterday at 08:04 AM Author Posted yesterday at 08:04 AM (edited) It started working again but then for no reason, it lagged while I tried to delete a single game, and then crashed AGAIN. And of course, it thinks it's already open despite no running processes or installations on other drives. This is ridiculous. Your software is broken. It constantly crashes and refuses to reopen. I can't keep rebooting my PC every few hours when this randomly happens. And don't ask me for some crash log or whatever because the folder is empty. Yeah, that's great. You want a crash log yet your software doesn't provide it. Don't bother releasing a new version. It will still be broken. It probably will hack your system and delete all your ROMs. Just fix your broken software. How can you call yourselves Unbroken Software when your product constantly malfunctions? Edited yesterday at 08:16 AM by Starwind Amada Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.