LaunchBox Community Forums

Steam Scraper 2.3

(6 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Plugin that scrapes Steam Information, banner, screenshots and video to a selected game.

Requirements: Launchbox 8.8+

Install: Extract the content of zip file to : Launchbox/plugins/SteamScraper

Source codeGithub (feel free to make a pull request )

Thanks to:

@fawkesyeah for the extensive testing :)

@CriticalCid for Ideas.

EDIT

If you have trouble running the plugin and crashing due CAS error, please right click on the DLL's , properties and then unblock.

unblock.thumb.png.a607d0dfe4f8965625bc1da050b59e0d.png

Usage:

Just paste the Steam URL from the game that you need to scrape information.

Video Tutorial:

If you want to add Additional Custom fields and Tags please edit the properties.json :

Note: This will generate a LOT of tags, I advise to hide it if you are going to use it. (Legacy Settings -> Game Details -> Disable Custom Fields)

1262031584_2019-02-2623_02_01-Window.thumb.png.a6049434c21fec44ae6c161ee6c89513.png

Also if you have the SteamDB or SteamSpy Link only you can use it to get the Steam metadata as well, the regex works just remind to put the / on the final url just like this:

574068081_2019-06-2620_27_48-SteamMetadataDownloader.png.232f89cad070c86d6f62413326697b75.png2069987935_2019-06-2620_29_05-SteamMetadataDownloader.png.f03801c9c937d3a6d9cb0659156f44d5.png

BUT THIS WONT GET INFO FROM THE RESPECTIVELY WEBSITES, IT WILL GO TO STEAM ANYWAYS.

What's New in Version 1.9   See changelog

Released

• Added a properties.json, it is marked as true to download custom tags, if you do not wish to download it make it "false". Some people would prefer not to download custom tags as steam has a LOT of tags and it will make game information disappear from screen. (I have no idea if we can hide the custom tags from game information, if not would be great to do it @Jason Carr)
  • Fixed file naming of videos, now it downloads webm file extension.

2019-02-26 23_02_01-Window.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Game On 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

fawkesyeah

· Edited by fawkesyeah

5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This plugin is fantastic! It fills a void that Launchbox sorely misses. Sure, AAA titles may often already exist in the Launchbox GamesDB, but what happens when they aren't (especially most Indie titles)? Then you would have to spend hours and hours going to each steam store page, copy/pasting all the details into the game info, and not to mention the very(!) tedious task of grabbing the videos and photos for each game, naming them properly AND putting them in the correct folder so LB will recognize it.

Well this plugin does all that automatically! Just paste your steam store page, and it very accurately grabs all the above information within just moments (1-3 seconds).

I beta stress-tested this on about 250+ games with SRXZ (the plugin-god!) and I believe this to be a mandatory download for anyone who wants to take their Steam/GOG/etc game organization to the next level!

Thank you for making this dream come true. ?

• Like 1
Link to review
PattersonCZ

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Great plugin for Steam users with huge library of games.  Easy to use even with games not from Steam but with steam game page. Recommended. To author please just make plugin better and better.

• Like 1
Link to review
CriticalCid

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This plugin made it finally possible to get my gigantic Steam library (over 6000) manageable in LaunchBox. Around a third of my Steam games have no entry in the LB database but with this plugin I was finally able to get some useful metadata for all of them inside LB. The inclusion of Steam tags also made searching and filtering for specific games so much faster and comfortable for huge libraries like mine.

The only downside for crazy Steam games collectors like me is that you shouldn’t scrape more than around 150 games at once or the plugin just stops scraping at some point without telling you. But that’s just a minor annoyance and an edge case anyway so it’s absolutely fine for me.

• Like 1
Link to review
annluan

Absolutely fantastic. Considering the collaborative principle of the launchboxdb, it's not uncommon for newly released games to lack general media. This solves the problem 100%. 

Thank you dev team!

Link to review