LaunchBox Community Forums

Neon Deluxe Arcade (Street) - Startup Theme 1.6

(0 reviews)

7 Screenshots

About This File

Note: This thread will not be pushed to the front in the "whats new" section, if you want notifications for future updates to this file be sure to follow this page by using the follow button in the upper right corner.

Neon Deluxe Arcade is a series of themes, if you like you can download these to accompany the complete theme:

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Big Box Theme

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Launchbox Theme

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Street)

Neon Deluxe Arcade - Startup Theme (Inside)

Mr. RetroLust's Realistic Retroarch Bezels (Same style > Dimmed lit retro gaming)

This Startup theme does not use fanart backgrounds but one static image in 4K quality.

1. The left side has been bound to "Box3DImagePath" or what you've set in this image category's priority list.

2. The right side has been bound to "Cart3DImagePath" or what you've set in this image category's priority list.

3. On the left side covering the 3DBox is bound to "CartFrontImagePath" or what you've set in this image category's priority list.

4. Game logo in Top Center 

Unpack the folder in: LAUNCHBOX\StartupThemes, go to startup settings and choose the title of this theme.
If you like the startup theme to last longer on your screen, simply delay it to 5 seconds in the launchbox and/or bigbox settings.

Knipsel.PNG.09db74fc45a4562aaf1de5080c879ea0.thumb.PNG.dde2c9678e785ae8c1c7f58c1967e54f.PNG

Enjoy! ?

What's New in Version 1.6   See changelog

Released

Version 1.6

• Fixed problem background image not showing up because of folder name
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

17 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

ohhhh man. this theme and start up is going to be epic.  Perfect styling.  Love it!

Thanks man glad you like :) 

@Kondorito, @neil9000, @Retro808 Hey guys, since my system doesn't seem to want to show me any shutdown screen can you guys maybe test if it works correctly on your setups? I hope it just works the way I thought out, there are two startup screen themes, the other is reversed from outside to inside the arcade, the shutdown screens for these are reversed as well from inside to outside, I hope this makes sense lol

21 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

@Mr. RetroLust

I'm getting this at startup.

Screenshot_(216).thumb.png.21741df27e5da167726af9b6f9f6538a.pngBut this on shutdown.

2035257345_Screenshot(217).thumb.png.45b7ed164cbd58e31e3fc4b0f5436b14.png

Damn, I wonder what could be wrong, the binding fields are in order but the backgrounds and mist are not, I'll have a look at it.

26 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@Mr. RetroLust Now you just need a Pause theme to complete the set. Finally got home to download and test. Looks great and works as @neil9000 confirmed.

Glad you like and thanks for testing as well bro :) ? I have to confess I haven't tried pause menu's yet, my whole setup feels so fragile and don't dare to change too much around lol But maybe I can make them without using pause screens myself, I'll try in the future for sure! ps The circle is becoming rounder, new theme to go with: 

@neil9000 & @Retro808 I got some tips and feedback from Jason when I uploaded all the Neon Deluxe Arcade themes to the new theme manager. It seems on shutdown screens there's a 50% wide progress bar. Now since I only have small rom games in my collection (haven't added cd-rom/dvd-rom systems yet) I never see a progress bar on startup and shutdown screens don't work on my setup. Can you test the theme below if it's still visible? I think I deleted the right lines of code but can't view the result, hope the layout is still intact :)

Neon_Deluxe_Arcade_Startup.zip

4 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

@neil9000 & @Retro808 I got some tips and feedback from Jason when I uploaded all the Neon Deluxe Arcade themes to the new theme manager. It seems on shutdown screens there's a 50% wide progress bar. Now since I only have small rom games in my collection (haven't added cd-rom/dvd-rom systems yet) I never see a progress bar on startup and shutdown screens don't work on my setup. Can you test the theme below if it's still visible? I think I deleted the right lines of code but can't view the result, hope the layout is still intact :)

Neon_Deluxe_Arcade_Startup.zip 7.75 MB · 0 downloads

I think you will only see a progress bar if you are extracting a archive, i dont have any of my system roms zipped. However i did just test and i dont see a progress bar on either the startup or shutdown screen.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Thanks bro! :) I noticed a 50% white progress bar in a screenshot of yours with the last testing so I think it's fixed now

lol, oh yeah i see it now in my previous shot, i totally missed that at the time :) , this is what i get now.

Screenshot_(228).thumb.png.ee54d1bc3c54a7a55f17c957fa414a0b.png

• Game On 1

Hey, amazing looking theme - im just having some problems getting it to run correctly :<

All im seeing behind the box art, logo etc.  is black nothing. - I assume it's because im running bigbox on a CRT at 640x480 and the image layers in this are 4K.

I've taken it upon myself to reduce the backgrounds and layers to those dimensions, but I'm still not getting anywhere - so I guess the last thing is the code? Is there any chance you could edit the code to support this resolution?

(I hope it's ok that I edited the images - I can provide these if you want?)

Thank you!

Edited by Fletchr

7 hours ago, Fletchr said:

Hey, amazing looking theme - im just having some problems getting it to run correctly :<

All im seeing behind the box art, logo etc.  is black nothing. - I assume it's because im running bigbox on a CRT at 640x480 and the image layers in this are 4K.

I've taken it upon myself to reduce the backgrounds and layers to those dimensions, but I'm still not getting anywhere - so I guess the last thing is the code? Is there any chance you could edit the code to support this resolution?

(I hope it's ok that I edited the images - I can provide these if you want?)

Thank you!

Thanks man :) I wouldn't know how to solve your problem, it worked for my resolution and for others but 640x480 is a whole different ball game i'm afraid, though it should just work as the code should be resolution independent.

• Thanks 1

Im not sure if that is the problem, I dont know enough about it really, just guessing. Im just seeing a black background, none of the artwork - I noticed someone else had the same issue and it was due to layering or something? Everything associated with the game, like the box art etc is working.

31 minutes ago, Fletchr said:

Im not sure if that is the problem, I dont know enough about it really, just guessing. Im just seeing a black background, none of the artwork - I noticed someone else had the same issue and it was due to layering or something? Everything associated with the game, like the box art etc is working.

Yeah sorry bro, I did make it but coding wise I'm not that experienced.

1 hour ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Yeah sorry bro, I did make it but coding wise I'm not that experienced.

No worries dude, I actually got it working - I didnt realise you could download it within BigBox. Did that and it works fine, so no idea what was up haha.

Thanks for the replies, the theme really completes what i was going for!

• Game On 1

52 minutes ago, Fletchr said:

No worries dude, I actually got it working - I didnt realise you could download it within BigBox. Did that and it works fine, so no idea what was up haha.

Thanks for the replies, the theme really completes what i was going for!

Good to hear man, probably a newer version through the big box browser.

44 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Good to hear man, probably a newer version through the big box browser.

Ah ok - so all I had to do was replace the existing images with the smaller ones and it works perfectly for 4:3 at low res - would you like the files? (or mind me uploading them) as a 4:3 variant to your startup theme? I'm sure more people other than myself would appreciate it? :)

• Like 1