LaunchBox Community Forums

StageBox 1.0

(3 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

A clean and simple startup theme that highlights the BoxArt.

To install:

Open the zip file and drag the StageBox folder into the LaunchBox\StartupThemes folder.

Screenshots

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.f95013c7560373a5b055b65b0dd1ac9d.png2.thumb.PNG.2cb1fec1eeb9e47d0101e409b1a9554c.PNG3.thumb.PNG.67252dd35d246fa544468c350b7e91a9.PNG

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Looks good. Be nice if the games in the background related to the system being played. For example, I see an NES game in the foreground and Neo Geo games in the background. 

3 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

Looks good. Be nice if the games in the background related to the system being played. For example, I see an NES game in the foreground and Neo Geo games in the background. 

You are right. I made the decision to use one set of shelved games, as I just don't have the time involved in getting a decent set of shelved games for each platform and making them each fit. However, I created the theme with this in mind, as I made the shelved games a separate image, so it would be easy to swap them out.

If anyone is willing to make these images, it wouldn't be too hard for me to package them into the theme and code it up.

this is very much along the lines of what i've wanted for years. i always pictured a "coverflow" style display that used 3d boxart and the side boxart so it literally looked like the box was being slid out of the shelf. i love this and completely understand the time limitation and appreciate the work you put in. gonna give it a go some time soon.

I really like it. What would be very cool is something like the big fade startup that shows a video on the tv in the back

Hey @faeran, I've started to further this startup and shutdown with disc animations and platform specific cover spines.

Wondering if you know anything about triggering events on shutdown screen page load. Having a hell of a time getting my animation to start when the game is actually shut down. I tried Image Load but apparently that happens on Game startup and stays loaded to memory. A Binding Path=GameOverText would be ideal but I don't think that's available. Any ideas?

Here's a vid of the startup screen working at least... :)

• Like 1

Update. I went a little nuts with the N64 startup :P.

So far I have startups for all CD based games (PS1, PS2, PS3, DC, GC, Xbox, etc.), top loading systems (so far just N64 but will be SNES, Genesis, and more once I find decent front images of the consoles), and a custom jobby for PSP (as seen in the vid below).

Still no idea how to get the little guys back in their boxes on game shutdown due to trigger issue. Hopefully someone can help. :)

• Like 4
  • Unusual Gem 1

On 5/31/2020 at 7:36 PM, syncy said:

Update. I went a little nuts with the N64 startup :P.

So far I have startups for all CD based games (PS1, PS2, PS3, DC, GC, Xbox, etc.), top loading systems (so far just N64 but will be SNES, Genesis, and more once I find decent front images of the consoles), and a custom jobby for PSP (as seen in the vid below).

Still no idea how to get the little guys back in their boxes on game shutdown due to trigger issue. Hopefully someone can help. :)

You should definitely make your own post with your Github I really like your Startups! I'm on 1080p monitor so it doesn't quite work for me but I'd love to see this working for other resolution than 2k!