LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame 0.220 NoNag 0..220

(2 reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

mame64.exe - Normal Mame with Nags removed. For Version 0.220

mamearcade64.exe - Normal Mame with all Mess systems removed, and with NoNags

Its recommended to download the full 0.220 official pack and install it, then just overwrite the exe with the replacment, this covers any changes the mame devs may have made to the support files.

After you have done this, make sure you copy the folders artwork, ctrlr, cheat, hlsl, ini, folders and the mame.ini file from your original mame folder, and move/copy them to the new install.  

For those of you on old installs make sure in the mame.ini file you have  the following set.

Skip_gameinfo  1

What's New in Version 0..220   See changelog

Released

Added a stripped down version of Mame 0.220 for those that just weant it for Arcade game use only

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

NightShadowPT

2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

Works as advertised!

Just download and replace the EXE.

Thank you for making this available... this has to be one of the most stupid restrictions in MAME.

They could just do it on the INI file, but seem to be hellbent on maintaining this dumb restriction.

You're a life saver.

Link to review
xsvtoys

2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

Thanks!!!!!, downloaded it, unzipped it, overwrote my existing 220 mame64.exe  file, - NAG SCREENS GONE! Took less than 2 minutes. I don't know why it is that a recompile is required to to do this. There is probably some programming or emulation reason, but it seems like it would be nice to allow the option directly in the mame.ini file, as this question is continuously asked by people over and over a thousand times. 

I get it, the ROM isn't perfect, it has issues. I don't need to be told every single time I start the game.....

Link to review