LaunchBox Community Forums

Marquee Generator for CTC 1.2

(0 reviews)

27 Screenshots

About This File

These are CTC theme/template files you can use and modify to your heart's content to generate custom marquee images with the amazing Community Theme Creator. The results will depend to what media you have gathered for your games. 

======HOW TO USE======

1. Download and Install CTC (Community Theme Creator) 2.5 or above: https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/2115-community-theme-creator-for-bigbox/

2. Install the template to the "My Theme Projects" directory in the Community Theme Creator directory.

3. Select the template in CTC, click Modifier "View" and select "Custom images" most right icon underneath "Modifiers".

4. Click "Edit Custom Image" if you want to change anything.

5. Go to Menu > Render Custom Images > Uncheck! "Save Games Images using Database ID" if you like to use game titles as file names instead of database numbered file names.

6. Pick your render selection: "All Games", "All Games for Selected Platform" or "Selected Game"

7. Once rendered go to "\My Theme Projects\[name of template used]\Custom Images\Custom Images 1\Games" here you'll find the render results in their platform named directories.

8. To use these images as marquees in Big Box move the images to it's sub directories inside Launchbox\Images\[platform name]\Arcade - Marquee\

9. Enjoy! and don't forget to thank @y2guru for his amazing software that makes all of this possible.

Tip: CTC can only export in .png format which has a larger file size than .jpg. The marquees generated in 21:9 for example are around 5mb large each, if you need to save space on your disc you'll probably want to use an image batch converter to convert them to .jpg.

Edited by Mr. RetroLust

What's New in Version 1.2   See changelog

Released

- Thanks to @y2guru you can now render marquees in whatever resolution you want to
- Be sure to install CTC 2.5 and above for this https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/2115-community-theme-creator-for-bigbox/
- Template files are completely redone for 4K resolution and to always have background images even if you only have a game screen image of a game
- Added 21:9 template file but also for a wider aspect ratio, you can change it to whatever aspect ratio or resolution you want

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Version 1.1

- Added alternate version "Neon", it's almost the same as the original but has a darker background and several layers of effects for clear logo's to create a Neon effect. I also renamed some of the layers giving them better descriptions so you know what to change to your liking.

1249468809_Ghouls_nGhosts.thumb.png.0fc641b93d4c5a3384ad7c9b1256e2da.png1717810951_SuperMarioBros.2.thumb.png.f562aafb48a381902e421b65d722448d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is great! Im having problems trying to get this to work with my images on a HDD and BigBox on a SSD it wont load the images from the HDD? Any suggestions you may have? Otherwise Awesome job man.

2 hours ago, tatz said:

This is great! Im having problems trying to get this to work with my images on a HDD and BigBox on a SSD it wont load the images from the HDD? Any suggestions you may have? Otherwise Awesome job man.

Thanks man. Do other image categories show up or just not the marquee images? Check points 6 and 7 of the installation instructions.

I think maybe I’m confused this is my first time using Theme Creator. So will this batch make marquees from my clear logos and 3D box images? I can render one at a time but I’m trying to render multiple marquees at a time. I hope that makes sense. 

46 minutes ago, tatz said:

I think maybe I’m confused this is my first time using Theme Creator. So will this batch make marquees from my clear logos and 3D box images? I can render one at a time but I’m trying to render multiple marquees at a time. I hope that makes sense. 

This will batch create marquee files using your 3Dboxes, clear logo, cart/disc, box front and box back. There should be an option to batch render per game, platform or all platforms, i'm not at the pc now so I don't have the exact naming of that option or it's location but i'm sure you'll find it. Be sure to read the instructions in the original post above.

31 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

Would be great to have this as a standalone app to make banners for Launchbox!

Ah but CTC is a great and easy solution to do it all

56 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

CTC only does themes for BigBog, not Launchbox, no?

Big Box Themes (Launchbox themes in the further future if Im not mistaken) and custom images so it doesnt need to have a standalone app

Bit stuck on point "2. Select this theme in CTC (short for Community Theme Creator), go to the "Create and Modify Custom Images" icon (the painter palette icon next to the eye icon)"

After I select "Marquee Generator" from the drop-down menu, I don't see any painter icon or eye icon; see screenshot:

image.thumb.png.23c14ffd86f08891e641aeec3c24695f.png

2 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

Bit stuck on point "2. Select this theme in CTC (short for Community Theme Creator), go to the "Create and Modify Custom Images" icon (the painter palette icon next to the eye icon)"

After I select "Marquee Generator" from the drop-down menu, I don't see any painter icon or eye icon; see screenshot:

image.thumb.png.23c14ffd86f08891e641aeec3c24695f.png

Yeah the menu changed a bit since I wrote those instructions, it should be in the top bar where it says modifier (if im not mistaken, not at pc atm)

10 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

Thanks @Mr. RetroLust, that seemed to do it.

I can't seem to render my selection though; the options are greyed out. Does it only work for platforms and not playlists? -

image.thumb.png.8f157b69f550e04c9d21aaeb421bec2e.png

I do think its only working for platforms yep

I've noticed that the 3D box is placed in the banner for most games, but not all. Ive checked and these other games definitely have 3D boxes, which are labelled as such - they just don't appear on the marquee. Has this been noted before?

4 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

I've noticed that the 3D box is placed in the banner for most games, but not all. Ive checked and these other games definitely have 3D boxes, which are labelled as such - they just don't appear on the marquee. Has this been noted before?

Can you elaborate? Screenshots would help.

13 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

Here is an example. You can see that the 3D box is present, but it didn't get incorporated into the marquee.

image.thumb.png.984e7936d873f7508d60e5ae9141748f.png

Thats weird it doesnt do that in my setup, are you sure the 3d box image is in images/platform name/3d box? If it is in the right location all I can think of theres something different in the image file itself perhaps. But if it the 3D box would show up in CTC but not rendered in the final image then theres something else going on.

43 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

The 3D box doesn't show in CTC either - but it's there in the folder.

CTC doesn't work with the image priorities settings if I recall correctly so that's why I asked about the location of the file but if all is correct in its location then there could be something different about the image file itself, you could try an online image conversion tool (convert png to png) to see if that changes anything.

9 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

Converted the file PNG to PNG, replaced the previous one with that one, but still it doesn't show in the CTC!

Weird man, I'm out of ideas sorry.