LaunchBox Community Forums

Flat and Classic Mini Consoles 1.9.1

(6 reviews)

14 Screenshots

About This File

This was supposed to be a simple flat theme, but evolved into a 2 in 1, so you have the regular view which is flat and sleek and also you have available an optional view (per device) that resemble some classic mini consoles (including consoles that do not have mini versions as of yet).

Features of this theme:

• Simple flat version that runs fast and looks great.
  • No flashy animations that may affect perfomance.
  • Optional "Classic Mini" view for many systems (WIP).
  • Every Classic Mini view has it's own background music.
  • Improved original design of some "Classic Mini" (Such as PSX and Genesis).
  • Improved UI for some consoles like PS3, 3DS, etc.
  • "Classic Mini" style views for consoles that do not have an oficial Mini version (such as PS2, WII, etc.).
  • Platform/console selection with video (you need to download the video first from regular launchbox menu).

You can check some Videos of the theme in action on my Youtube Channel

Most updates are being posted on my Patreon (nothing is hidden behind a paywall)

patreon.thumb.png.17f9e5f363c64ca81201526bacfca537.png

If you'd like to support my work, you can invite me a coffee anytime! 

https://www.patreon.com/Exodus_cl

P.S.: English is not my first language so I apologise for any mistake.

Thanks to:

@y2guru for your amazing theme editor 

@thiagofirmino for providing SNK Neo Geo and Sega Saturn Mini formats.

-

-

Edited by exodus_cl

What's New in Version 1.9.1   See changelog

Released

Added date and time as suggested 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

23 hours ago, backwardsbud said:

Is there an way for me to change the writing in the bottom right in the platform view? Also a ps3 replica menu would be siiick the switch menu is perfect

Go into the theme's \Views folder and edit the PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml. Scroll to line 427 and you can change the text there. Edit the Text= field.

Awesome Theme! but something wrong happens to me, the menu music doesn't stop when i load a game, do you know how to solve this? I didn't want to have to leave the menus without music.
This text was translated by Google translator.

Em 22/05/2020 às 12h02, mat03111984 disse:

Não tenho certeza se sou apenas eu, mas a música do menu não para quando eu carrego um jogo.

Please help me to fix the problem of the sound that doesn't stop even when I enter the game, and if possible I urge you to add Neo Geo AES and CD + Sega Saturn within this amazing theme.

2 hours ago, thiagofirmino said:

Please help me to fix the problem of the sound that doesn't stop even when I enter the game, and if possible I urge you to add Neo Geo AES and CD + Sega Saturn within this amazing theme.

On 10/23/2021 at 6:17 PM, mat03111984 said:

strange, ill check which version i have later

H!!

The problem is caused when using the "play" button directly from the gamelist, the solution is to go the normal route when selecting a game:

Select any game and then choose the "play" option that Big box gives you:

image.thumb.png.fc7df7f37f009a6c65319fbb095cbff1.png

This won't cause the issue.

Also (if you want) go to controller mapping and delete the "play" mapping, leave it as (None)

image.thumb.png.012ba96e8a326bc820fc1927e8b802f3.png

2 hours ago, exodus_cl said:

H !!

O problema é causado ao usar o botão "play" diretamente do gamelist, a solução é seguir o caminho normal ao selecionar um jogo:

Selecione qualquer jogo e, em seguida, escolha a opção "jogar" que o Big box oferece:

image.thumb.png.fc7df7f37f009a6c65319fbb095cbff1.png

Isso não causará o problema.

Além disso (se quiser) vá para o mapeamento do controlador e exclua o mapeamento "reproduzir", deixe como (Nenhum)

image.thumb.png.012ba96e8a326bc820fc1927e8b802f3.png

I understood! I didn't want to have to go into the details of the game when it was selected, but no problem, it worked here and that's what matters, thank you very much.

3 hours ago, thiagofirmino said:

208185923_Capturadetela2021-12-31125717.thumb.png.9caad3619e4434adb59569da6d9abaab.png1285204026_Capturadetela2021-12-31115518.thumb.png.efc57f115fc884872c780a060bada711.png

Nice versions! Can you send me the original files to integrate them into the theme? I'll give credits of course! 

• Thanks 2

On 12/31/2021 at 7:09 PM, thiagofirmino said:

Captura de tela 2021-12-31 190828.png

This one looks amazing, I'm integrating it right now into the theme along with NEO GEO!

On 10/11/2021 at 10:56 PM, xmas said:

if you are updating to next level, video preview option would be wonderful!!!!

I 2nd this feature suggestion. If video snaps would be added to the classic mini views, I'd definitely make this my primary theme. Awesome theme regardless.

Edited by Azgorath
  • Like 2

On 1/12/2022 at 11:25 AM, Azgorath said:

I 2nd this feature suggestion. If video snaps would be added to the classic mini views, I'd definitely make this my primary theme. Awesome theme regardless.

I'll investigate if it can be done without affecting the perfomance of the theme, the idea es to keep it pretty, but fast, BTW the video snap can be previewed when selecting any game too.

Edited by exodus_cl

18 hours ago, exodus_cl said:

I'll investigate if it can be done without affecting the perfomance of the theme, the idea es to keep it pretty, but fast, BTW the video snap can be previewed when selecting any game too.

Yeah I'm doing it like that at the moment. 

Just redid my computer a little while ago and reinstalled the theme, except this time, when I go to the mini-views, the backgrounds are all 1 color with no picture to them and no animated figures either.

Edit: Double checking, no background music either, just a plain colored background and the game covers. That's it when in mini mode, the other view works just fine though.

Edited by Fugus

On 2/21/2022 at 12:53 PM, Loof said:

nice, could you share the project files?

+1! I love the game selection screens but want to use bannerbox to select the platform. Would really appreciate the project files!