LaunchBox Community Forums

Fundamental Theme 1.2.0

(3 reviews)

10 Screenshots

About This File

Fundamental is a clean theme that focuses on big artwork. Large, high quality covers are recommended to get the best visual appearance.

*********************************************************************************************************************

A couple of notes about this theme:

- After unzipping, you have to unblock the DLL that contains the font (in the plugin folder).

-Requires the font Bebas Neue, included in the root theme folder. Install it before running BigBox.

-Any display scaling above or below 100% is likely to cause alignment issues with some theme elements.

-Because of the way the videos and their rounded corner mask re-size based on aspect ratio, you have to use WMP with this theme. VLC aligning in BigBox is horribly buggy at the moment and it doesn't work with the way things are accomplished in this theme.

-I realize I could have accomplished my UI background files in pure XAML. I tested this and it decreased the theme's performance substantially, so I reverted back to using the images.

-This theme is based around high quality vertical covers (1534x2100) for all platforms and game boxes (yes, even Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64). A good collection of them can be found at http://www.thecoverproject.net/. The theme will work with horizontal covers, it just won't look as intended.

-Background opacity for the text based views is changed in the BigBox "Options" menu. A good setting range is 75-90 percent depending on your display.

-I've included 12 custom platform banners that I made based on each systems game boxes. I may make a few more, but don't count on it. Be creative and make the ones you're missing yourself.

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Nyny77

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Awesome my friend ! very beautiful theme

A lot of talent here :)

Link to review
LogicalEgo

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

What can I say that hasnt been said about the Fundamental Theme? Its original MinimalHD incarnation pretty much pulled me towards LaunchBox and BigBox. @Grila always delivers. 

Link to review
Iscariath

Love this theme, this is what I'm using from now on. Minimal, elegant and sleek. I give it 4 stars because there's still some very minors things that could be improved, but it has more to do with personal taste.

Link to review