LaunchBox Community Forums

Fundamental Theme

Grila

Fundamental Theme

View File

Fundamental is a clean theme that focuses on big artwork. Large, high quality covers are recommended to get the best visual appearance.

*********************************************************************************************************************

A couple of notes about this theme:

- After unzipping, you have to unblock the DLL that contains the font (in the plugin folder).

-Requires the font Bebas Neue, included in the root theme folder. Install it before running BigBox.

-Any display scaling above or below 100% is likely to cause alignment issues with some theme elements.

-Because of the way the videos and their rounded corner mask re-size based on aspect ratio, you have to use WMP with this theme. VLC aligning in BigBox is horribly buggy at the moment and it doesn't work with the way things are accomplished in this theme.

-I realize I could have accomplished my UI background files in pure XAML. I tested this and it decreased the theme's performance substantially, so I reverted back to using the images.

-This theme is based around high quality vertical covers (1534x2100) for all platforms and game boxes (yes, even Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64). A good collection of them can be found at http://www.thecoverproject.net/. The theme will work with horizontal covers, it just won't look as intended.

-Background opacity for the text based views is changed in the BigBox "Options" menu. A good setting range is 75-90 percent depending on your display.

-I've included 12 custom platform banners that I made based on each systems game boxes. I may make a few more, but don't count on it. Be creative and make the ones you're missing yourself.

Edited by Grila
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, keltoigael said:

Glad to see the original Minimal theme return and looking better then ever. There is a reason it is the most cloned theme for BB. I love the new flat style you are using.

Thanks @keltoigael I designed this as a tribute to Minimal, just updated a bit according to all the new 1080 media we have at our disposal now. At the time when I released Minimal, @Nyny77 was just starting his 1080 videos and the EmuMovies videos were still the mainstream. I am considering throwing a tribute view to the original Minimal in this one, though. 

• Like 4

Very nice looking theme! My only gripe/complaint is with the games-text view. It scrolls from the top to the bottom which is a little bit hard on the eyes. Is there any way to make it stay focused in the center of the list?

Are you talking about the navigation or the game notes and details?
Navigation can't be changed, that's how the list view works.
If you're talking about the game notes and details just turn off scrolling in the BigBox options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First it's an incredible beautiful theme and those large platform images are gorgeous hope to see more added. 

I have some issues first as seen in the picture some text mainly the big blue game name is cut off. 

Secondly platform  videos Doesn't appear until after I have entered a system and exit back to the menu.  Also games videos appear randomly.  (video should show it) 

20170126_031101.mp4

20170126_030825.mp4

20170126_030805.jpg

20170126_030728.jpg

First it's an incredible beautiful theme and those large platform images are gorgeous hope to see more added. 

I have some issues first as seen in the picture some text mainly the big blue game name is cut off. 

Secondly platform  videos Doesn't appear until after I have entered a system and exit back to the menu.  Also games videos appear randomly.  (video should show it) 

20170126_031101.mp4

20170126_030825.mp4

20170126_030805.jpg

20170126_030728.jpg

You didn't read the info about the theme. You have to use WMP for the video, the bugginess your seeing is caused by VLC.
The font issue is most likely due to display scaling in your system...it has to be set at 100%, no more or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, bundangdon said:

Oops! I noticed that it's the same issue with other themes. But what I also noticed is that the navigation is different with the wheels/logos,  as it stays focused on the selected game in the center but this is not the case when it's a text-based list. I wonder if there's any way that it can be changed with the text-based list?

I don't think it will ever be changed for the text navigation because it's just a standard Windows List Box (like you would see in any other Windows program), just styled to not look like one. There's only so much that can be done with standard Microsoft code elements.

@Grila you are on fire!

Thanks again for this one !

Personally, I still like the approach that you used on ClassicNES Theme.

As soon I catch a break from work, I will start modding the ClassicNES in PhotoShop, and ask for your help, adding some functions on it (like displaying the filename as I asked in the past for minimal).

1 minute ago, vsilvalopes said:

@Grila you are on fire!

Thanks again for this one !

Personally, I still like the approach that you used on ClassicNES Theme.

As soon I catch a break from work, I will start modding the ClassicNES in PhotoShop, and ask for your help, adding some functions on it (like displaying the filename as I asked in the past for minimal).

Sure thing. If you want I can send you my Photoshop files for the interface. I rebuilt everything from scratch referencing screenshots from the web. It would give you a cleaner output.

• Like 2