LaunchBox Community Forums

The POC - A Nice View of the New Walls 1.4

(4 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

This theme requires LaunchBox v11.10 or above.
---------

The new LaunchBox update is here, and with it comes many new Big Box theming features. The highlight amongst them is a brand new Wall View.

This theme showcases the new wall view by providing 2 inspired views utilizing the new Wall View CoverFlow wheel.

What kind of things can the new CoverFlow wheel do? Download this theme and take a look.

WallView1.thumb.png.3942f99cc4bdbb5ca2732fb970c5ff46.png

WallView2.thumb.png.aa45cec2185d9ade2fbcd1edd45a9e18.png

The views use the following artwork:

• Clear Logos
  • Screenshots
  • Background Fanart
  • BoxArt - Front
  • Game Videos

Don't forget to set your screenshot image priority to screenshot - gameplay.

Have fun.

Thanks to @PlayingKarrde for clarifying that this theme is loosely based on a couple different themes from the Pegasus frontend.

What's New in Version 1.4   See changelog

Released

• Fresh copy from the COMMUNITY Theme Creator 2.3
  • Adds the alphanumeric index to all wall views
  • Add Game Platform metadata to Wall View 2
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 5
  • Unusual Gem 6

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 4/6/2021 at 1:01 PM, faeran said:

Is that possible? Yes.

Here's a couple versions you can use to overwrite the default:

Video: TextFiltersView.xaml

Platform Background Image: TextFiltersView.xaml

I didn't have time to test them, so you would have to tell me if any issues crop up.

First of all, many, many thanks for your work, faeran.
I love the results! :)

I'd like to know if were possible to you to update these alternatives to latest version. it seems to be that they don't work anymore.
My BB version is 11.10, which is possible too new for these variants, whch are also old your the current version of your theme.

If not possible, no problem :)
Many thanks in advance!

On 11/11/2021 at 5:47 PM, KaaMoS said:

First of all, many, many thanks for your work, faeran.
I love the results! :)

I'd like to know if were possible to you to update these alternatives to latest version. it seems to be that they don't work anymore.
My BB version is 11.10, which is possible too new for these variants, whch are also old your the current version of your theme.

If not possible, no problem :)
Many thanks in advance!

Hi @KaaMoS. Tbh, I'm not entirely sure what were in those versions. Do you remember what the changes were?

2 hours ago, faeran said:

Hi @KaaMoS. Tbh, I'm not entirely sure what were in those versions. Do you remember what the changes were?

Yes, sure, in those modified files we were able to add a video and/or platform image for background.

On 11/18/2021 at 6:19 PM, faeran said:

Alright, give these a shot. You'll need the newest version of the theme I just posted.

TextFiltersView.xaml - Platform background image

TextFiltersView.xaml - Platform background video

Wow! They worked just perfect!

Loved the video version! I mixed it with Colorful platform videos and looks great! 

I think these variations should be added to official build.

Many, many thanks, friend!

28 minutes ago, bradbradbrad said:

So I'm new to Bigbox. How do I switch to the 2nd view shown here?

In Big Box Options, go to either Keyboard Mappings or Controller Mappings and set a Switch View button. Then navigate to a game view and press that button to cycle through all available views.

2 hours ago, faeran said:

In Big Box Options, go to either Keyboard Mappings or Controller Mappings and set a Switch View button. Then navigate to a game view and press that button to cycle through all available views.

That's helpful. Thanks!

REally like this POC.  Actually using it since 2 months not as a POC but has my main navigation.  Only thing, the navigation is a bit slow sometimes.  I think you mention it in your post.  Which is i guess the reason of POC.

Funny is, i have a quiet powerfull pc and GPU.  

Is it possible to get the project files for this theme? I was looking to combine the games list from this into another theme in the theme creator.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, skatestorm said:

Is it possible to get the project files for this theme? I was looking to combine the games list from this into another theme in the theme creator.

Thanks!

The wall views in this theme is not possible to be made inside of the CTC yet, therefore no CTC file currently exists.

When that changes I'll put the files here.

25 minutes ago, faeran said:

The wall views in this theme is not possible to be made inside of the CTC yet, therefore no CTC file currently exists.

When that changes I'll put the files here.

Sounds good. Thank you!

4 hours ago, DrinkingFool said:

Is there a way to NOT use clear logos and just have the default plain text instead? Thanks!

It's definitely possible. You'll just have to edit the view that you want and replace the clear logo image with a textblock of the title.