LaunchBox Community Forums

The POC - A Nice View of the New Walls

faeran

The POC - A Nice View of the New Walls

View File

This theme requires LaunchBox v11.10 or above.
---------

The new LaunchBox update is here, and with it comes many new Big Box theming features. The highlight amongst them is a brand new Wall View.

This theme showcases the new wall view by providing 2 inspired views utilizing the new Wall View CoverFlow wheel.

What kind of things can the new CoverFlow wheel do? Download this theme and take a look.

WallView1.thumb.png.3942f99cc4bdbb5ca2732fb970c5ff46.png

WallView2.thumb.png.aa45cec2185d9ade2fbcd1edd45a9e18.png

The views use the following artwork:

• Clear Logos
  • Screenshots
  • Background Fanart
  • BoxArt - Front
  • Game Videos

Don't forget to set your screenshot image priority to screenshot - gameplay.

Have fun.

Thanks to @PlayingKarrde for clarifying that this theme is loosely based on a couple different themes from the Pegasus frontend.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, adu said:

Love the second view !

Do you think ArcadeFlow, from AttractMode, can be done with the new wall view ?

From the looks of it, you could get away with creating a similar looking view, but there would be some differences based on the toolset that we currently have and how Big Box functions in general. It is definitely more possible than it ever was before the new wall view changes.

15 hours ago, leocmp said:

Colleague, tell me something, here in my setup happened to crash a few times, I believe it is something related to the launchbox, did it happen to you?

It hasn't. Maybe you can provide more information about your crashes.

10 minutes ago, faeran said:

From the looks of it, you could get away with creating a similar looking view, but there would be some differences based on the toolset that we currently have and how Big Box functions in general. It is definitely more possible than it ever was before the new wall view changes.

Hmmm is the community theme creator tool uptodate with the new wall view ? I'm totally awful at coding ....

28 minutes ago, adu said:

Hmmm is the community theme creator tool uptodate with the new wall view ? I'm totally awful at coding ....

You'll have to give time to y2guru to get all the new stuff added to the Theme Creator. At the moment, it's only possible through coding XAML.

• Like 1

Just now, Retro808 said:

@adu @mavisbeacon

It would be helpful to us as well as the theme creator if you provide some more insight. Are you getting any errors? When or what are you doing when it crashes? Do you get similar crashes with other themes?

I'll check the logs for errors. The crash has been happening when I select a game in wall view 2, and then back out to the game list without starting the game. It's not consistent, but that's been what I was doing every time it crashed.

I think I was able to identify how to reproduce the problem. If you leave the default player in "VLC" and enter and return to the "GameDetails" screen several times and return, it will cause the "lock" I tested with WindowsMediaPlayer and the problem didn't happen.

14 minutes ago, mavisbeacon said:

I'll check the logs for errors. The crash has been happening when I select a game in wall view 2, and then back out to the game list without starting the game. It's not consistent, but that's been what I was doing every time it crashed.

Try to change the video player to WMP and see if the problem happens.

36 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@adu @mavisbeacon

It would be helpful to us as well as the theme creator if you provide some more insight. Are you getting any errors? When or what are you doing when it crashes? Do you get similar crashes with other themes?

Hmmm, I donty have any errors, just asking about if it was doable :)

13 minutes ago, leocmp said:

Another thing I noticed is that when the player is VLC in "GameDetails" it does not show the video in the upper part of the coverBox

Yeah I'm seeing this too.

I tried switching to WMP, and now the videos for my steam games won't play.

• Game On 1