LaunchBox Community Forums

FauxVert 1.0.0

(0 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

I have for you a very unique theme. This is a vertical theme for horizontal monitors! I have a virtual pinball cabinet I am working on and because of how the VPin software works it was just easier to set up my machine so that my monitor was in landscape (horizontal) mode, but physically rotated to a vertical position. Unfortunately this mean Big Box was pointing the wrong direction. Rather that use some third party tool to rotate my monitor in Windows settings back and forth I just decided to make a faux vertical theme. I wasn't sure how many people had similar cabinet set ups but though I'd share in case there was anyone out there that needed it or wanted to look at the XAML for inspiration for your wacky theme ideas.

NOTE: This theme assumes you have acquired background images and videos ALREADY in the right orientation and does NOT try to rotate and horizontal images to make them appear in the right direction. Clear Logo images work as is and are rotated appropriately.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks, set it to my Tate playlist so i dont have to crank my neck when i rotate my monitor. ?

1 minute ago, Rlad said:

Thanks, set it to my Tate playlist so i dont have to crank my neck when i rotate my monitor. ?

Glad you'll get some use out of it.

2 minutes ago, JaysArcade said:

Always good to have more vertical themes. Also glad to see you are into virtual pinball!

I was rocking the virtual pinball before it was even all that good. Spent a lot of time playing Eight Ball Deluxe and Space Cadet growing up (we didn't have any place local to play any real tables). Neither one has really stood the test of time, but still love to play what IS out there quite a bit.

• Like 1

Very nice. been using colorful theme for my pinball wheels.  This is a nice replacement until i get a rig that will just run pinup popper for pinball.

8 minutes ago, Rlad said:

@C-Beats I just noticed this is the opposite rotation of all my vertical games, is it possible for me to flip it?

Sounds more like you rotated all your games anti clockwise, unless @cbeats did the theme the wrong way. Its a interesting issue though that obviously doesnt usually come up for normal orientation themes.

Nevermind, i sorted it, just had to change the 'Rotate Transform Angle' from '270' to '90' in the xaml's ?

8 minutes ago, Inquisitor said:

Sounds more like you rotated all your games anti clockwise, unless @cbeats did the theme the wrong way. Its a interesting issue though that obviously doesnt usually come up for normal orientation themes.

It's because i'm left handed, maybe. ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rlad said:

Nevermind, i sorted it, just had to change the 'Rotate Transform Angle' from '270' to '90' in the xaml's ?

Makes sense, 270 would be a essentially a anticlockwise rotation, its basically -90, rather than +90