LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr C's Arcade 1.1

(1 review)

6 Screenshots

About This File

INTRODUCTION

The arcade in my local hometown mall growing up was called Mr C's. This theme is a tribute to Mr C's, and all the quarters I spent there back in the 80's. I've heard of other Mr C's arcades, but I don't think ours was part of any chain or anything.

It may be a vsync issue or something else but the video makes the animations look kind of jerky. The theme actually runs pretty smooth.

VIEWS

The way to think of this theme is not so much in terms of views, but more like rooms. The rooms are, Main Arcade, Pinball Row, and The Breakroom. If you must think in terms of views, each room has platform views and games views. The only real exception to the rule is the Breakroom also has text games views. This was done in order to render the Games Details Screen.

INSTALLATION

Download the zip file and unblock it by right clicking the file, go into properties and check the unblock check box and click OK. Once the file is unblocked, extract the folder into ==\Launchbox\Themes\

SWITCHING BETWEEN THEME VIEWS

In order to see the various games views for the different platforms, you'll need to change to each view. If you set a hotkey within Bigbox (Keyboard Mappings/Controller Mappings - Switch View) to change views, this makes it easy to change views without going into the settings each time.

CTC FILES

The file titled: Mr Cs Arcade - Theme Builder Files is intended for anyone that wants to tinker with the theme. You'll need to unblock the files the same as how I described above.

FUTURE UPDATES

As time permits, I'll attempt to keep this theme up to date. Please PM me with any suggestions, or issues you have with the theme.

CREDIT

Thanks to @y2guru for the most excellent Community Theme Creator upon which this theme is built. @SonicFan53 for the device images which are included in this theme. As always, thanks to @Jason Carr .

Edited by JaysArcade

What's New in Version 1.1   See changelog

Released

• Sped up the timing of video previews. Thanks @ed20910
  • Fixed some weird animation anomolies when switching between platform and games views.
  • Changed the way some of the text appeared, font sizing, etc.
  • Cleaned up and organized the layout within the Community Theme Creator file.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.