LaunchBox Community Forums

Archive.org Collection Sync 1.2

(0 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Easily download/sync any collection from archive.org to your local computer. Automatically scans for any existing files and checks MD5 checksums to make sure that all downloads are correct.

To download, simply paste the archive.org URL into the top field, put the destination folder into the second, and click Start.

To pause/abort a running download, simply close the window. To resume that download later, re-open the app, choose the same URL and folder, and then click Start. Existing files with the correct checksum will not be re-downloaded.

Untitled-2.thumb.png.1091e355ff7cb14d4ce341c39f0002f9.png

Untitled-1.thumb.png.9e278d2dc0e1397bf6290a72478ec23d.png

Requires the .NET Framework 4.7.2. Licensed under the MIT License.

Source code is available here: https://github.com/jasonunbrokensoftware/ArchiveOrgCollectionSync

What's New in Version 1.2   See changelog

Released

Adds support for deleting irrelevant files, collections that contain nested folders, and "download" instead of "details" URLs.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 8
  • Unusual Gem 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Question, does this break up the files into multiple parts to speed up the downloads?

Found out the hard way that the stuff that just downloads normally wants to go slow while the ones that will break the files up into pieces goes much faster,

22 hours ago, Fugus said:

Question, does this break up the files into multiple parts to speed up the downloads?

Found out the hard way that the stuff that just downloads normally wants to go slow while the ones that will break the files up into pieces goes much faster,

It downloads multiple files at once.

7 hours ago, zugswang said:

FYI, Tested on NES full download and this missed 69 files compared to just downloading normally from the links on the site.

Screenshot (123).png

Check the log to see why the downloads failed. It will give you that information. Just run the process again to finish it up.

• Like 1

sad thing wont work on direct archive 7Z or zip section only download small rom of collection like NES,ATARI 2600, 5200, TG16 roms and other small file, but wont cover use file like Playstation , Sega Dreamcast ETC 

would be nice if you could re program it to where we can get the roms from the 7Zip,RAR, zip on their section that rather getting it in the main page, 

the idea is great and I am happy to see that something like this exist. the check with already available files only happen on a per filename base which could have issues at - different naming and after that you have the same game multiple times in it.

On 7/15/2022 at 10:03 AM, oldgamer said:

sad thing wont work on direct archive 7Z or zip section only download small rom of collection like NES,ATARI 2600, 5200, TG16 roms and other small file, but wont cover use file like Playstation , Sega Dreamcast ETC 

would be nice if you could re program it to where we can get the roms from the 7Zip,RAR, zip on their section that rather getting it in the main page, 

I'm not following what you mean here. I've already used it to download many large sets. Do you mean download files inside of zip archives?

26 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

the idea is great and I am happy to see that something like this exist. the check with already available files only happen on a per filename base which could have issues at - different naming and after that you have the same game multiple times in it.

Unfortunately I'm also not following what you mean here.

23 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Unfortunately I'm also not following what you mean here.

I tried this tool and I hoped it will show which files I would download /which might be new but it downloads the files immedalty 

if I have i.e. super Mario bros already and in archive.org the same game is named super Mario bros. (USA). it will download that file as well. this results in searching all the duplicates manually etc. and I this is not really easy within Launchbox for me. at least I don't know how to do this easily.

5 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

I tried this tool and I hoped it will show which files I would download /which might be new but it downloads the files immedalty 

if I have i.e. super Mario bros already and in archive.org the same game is named super Mario bros. (USA). it will download that file as well. this results in searching all the duplicates manually etc. and I this is not really easy within Launchbox for me. at least I don't know how to do this easily.

The point of this tool is simply to download entire collections from archive.org (and deal with connection issues, etc.), while being able to confirm completely accurate downloads; that's it really. So unfortunately what you're trying to do is outside of the scope for this project.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

The point of this tool is simply to download entire collections from archive.org (and deal with connection issues, etc.), while being able to confirm completely accurate downloads; that's it really. So unfortunately what you're trying to do is outside of the scope for this project.

as I said before the idea is great etc. but I see no benefit compared to download it per browser. was no front just feedback

1 hour ago, Chris Kant said:

as I said before the idea is great etc. but I see no benefit compared to download it per browser. was no front just feedback

It was built for my own need to be able to download and confirm downloads that take a long time (because I don't have the best Internet connection). That's it. It was built in a day (for the most part) and it serves that purpose very well in my case.

• Like 1

Oh man, I'm gonna need another 16tb hdd now :)

Original Xbox here I come!

Thanks Jason!

Edited by elwooha6

On 8/1/2022 at 6:28 PM, elwooha6 said:

Oh man, I'm gonna need another 16tb hdd now :)

Original Xbox here I come!

Thanks Jason!

The torrents on the site stops at 99% for some reason, probably not enough seeders. Instead, google "Xbox HDD Ready RuTracker" to find all sets which have plenty of seeders. Just go to the links and translate the page with Google. No need to login either.

I think it is awesome this tool!

@Jason Carr maybe I am doing something wrong here.

If I put the Path: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXretroachievements_collection_v5/Saturn/

it does not go in the subdir but it download from XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXretroachievements_collection_v5

in this way I should download the whole collection where ("dir") I dont need it.

What I am doing wrong?

@Jason Carr The desciption of this plugin suggests that you can "sync" the archive collection with the files in a local folder - i.e. it would only download the ones you don't have. In your comment above however you said "The point of this tool is simply to download entire collections from archive.org (and deal with connection issues, etc.), while being able to confirm completely accurate downloads; that's it really.".

So which is it - does it download entire collections only, or can it sync? I'm trying it out just now but haven't yet worked out how to enter the Archive collection URL.

Edited by Retrofrogg

This tool seem broken... won't download collection ... it download some jpeg and random xml files...

Maybe Archive.org changed and the tool is deprecated now. Sad because idea was nice.