About This File
LaunchBox Multi Monitor and BigBox +3rd monitor plugin
This plugin adds support for 2nd (and 3rd) monitors in LaunchBox to display game images while navigating your collections. If you have LaunchBox version 13.1 or newer, Platform, Platform Category or Playlist images will be displayed when making a selection on the left navigation pane.
With BigBox, you already have use of a 2nd display (marquee monitor) for displaying images. For those who have a pinball-cab (or a fancy desktop setup) with 3 displays, this plugin will allow you display an image on the 3rd monitor while navigating BigBox.
- The image displayed changes based on the Platform, Platform Category, Playlist or game you are viewing for both BigBox and LaunchBox.
- To view Platform, Platform Category and Playlist images in LaunchBox, LaunchBox version 13.6 is required. BigBox will work with any version.
- When a game is launched, the image(s) will be hidden and then reappear after exiting the game. (default)
- Optionally (new v1.1.0), you can select Keep image(s) visible during gameplay.
The exception is Steam games that are launched via "steam://rungameid/xxxxxx". Their images will not stay visible nor reappear.
- You set the default image type (i.e. Box-Front) to use for all games. Or you can set individual image types to use on a per Platform basis (new v1.1.2).
To make this work in BigBox, Theme View files need to be modified. You can modify them yourself (instructions below) or let the plugin do it for you.
- No additional changes to LaunchBox or BigBox need to be made for this work (v1.1.3)
Why would I want to display an image on a 3rd monitor?
- Because you can.
What image would I put on a 3rd monitor?
- That's entirely up to you. You can choose from pretty much any image type in your collection.
Can it display a video on the 3rd (or 2nd-or-3rd in LB) monitor?
Can it show a pdf file on the extra monitor?
Can it display 3D models for boxes?
- Download the plugin zip file.
- Right-click the zip file, select Properties and check Unblock (if present). Click OK.
- (With LaunchBox/BigBox not running,) Open the zip file and extract the included folder into your /LaunchBox/Plugins/ folder.
Click Tools, MultiMonitor Setup
- Select which monitor # you want the images displayed on from the pull-down list.
- Click Identify Displays to confirm which monitor corresponds with which monitor number.
- Toggle on or off to see images on the respective monitors.
- (v1.1.0) If you wish to keep the images up during gameplay, check Keep image(s) visible during gameplay.
- (v1.1.1) In LaunchBox, if images aren’t displaying correctly on you marquee monitor, check Stretch images to fill screen (LB 2nd only). This only works on LaunchBox 2nd monitor.
Select the default image type you want displayed based on which View you're in.
Default Game Images:
- BigBox 3rd Monitor and LaunchBox 2nd Monitor use the "Game View (BB 3rd/LB 2nd)" image.
- LaunchBox 3rd monitor uses the "Game View (LB 3rd monitor)" image.
- The image selection "*Game Controls" looks for game-specific images in your "/Images/platform_name/Arcade - Controls Information/" folder.
- In LaunchBox, if LaunchBox 3rd Monitor is turned off and the Game View 2nd monitor image doesn’t exist, it will attempt to use the Game View 3rd monitor image.
- In BigBox, if the Game View 2nd monitor image doesn’t exist, it will attempt to the Game View 3rd monitor image.
Set custom game image per Platform (new v1.1.2)
- Pretty self-explanatory.
- Default Game Images:
- Click Save after you're done making changes.
BigBox Theme Setup:
Starting with version 1.1.3, this is no longer required. The plugin will now work with any Theme, modified or not.
If you had previously setup (modified) your BigBox Theme(s) for use with this plugin using the Setup Themes button in the setup menu, click Restore Themes and follow the steps to revert them back to their original state.
If you modified them manually, just replace those Views with your backups.
Platform/Category/Playlist images will only be displayed if using LaunchBox version 13.6 or newer.
Changes to image selections etc. can only be made in LaunchBox through Tools, MultiMonitor Setup.
If after making changes in MultiMonitor Setup (AND clicking Save) images aren't displaying or there's some other plugin issue, try restarting LaunchBox.
This has only been tested on a 2-monitor setup. Neither of which were marquee monitors. So..... Good luck!
As always, comments, suggestions and requests are welcomed and encouraged.
What's New in Version 1.0.0 See changelog
No changelog available for this version.