LaunchBox Community Forums

Nintendo Game Boy 3D Boxes 1.0.1

(2 reviews)

25 Screenshots

About This File

I was sick of seeing crappy Nintendo Game Boy box images in my collection (I made this set years ago in lower resolution with the annoying Game Boy logo on all the spines). I think someone else remade just the USA boxes in the same resolution. I remade all boxes in high quality HD with accurate spines on most boxes. All USA games and Euro exclusives are included, along with many Japanese exclusives that can be played in English. The unlicensed Sachen games are included, although those games are awful. The spines and boxes on the USA and Euro games are all retail accurate, some Japanese spines may be custom made if I couldn't find proper source images. As always I included PSD templates for the 2D and 3D boxes if anyone wants to include their own games not included here. About 840 games have been done here. Also included are cropped front and spines. Feel free to let me know if there are any errors. And if anyone wants to upload some of these to the Games DB, by all means do so. Enjoy this collection!

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See changelog

Released

uploaded a fix for Arcade Classic No. 2 - Centipede & Millipede (USA, Europe) that had an error on the front cover. (thanks to ci2own for pointing it out)

I added the fix to the Screenshots section.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Unusual Gem 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I am working on the PAL versions with some box scans (The USA/PAL are the USA VERSION)

Dr Mario (Europe).png

Quix (Europe).png

Street Fighter II (Europe).png

The Lion King (Europe).png

Wario Land (Europe).png

Wario Land 2 (Europe).png

Edited by HADES81

very nice additions! I was considering doing pal versions of USA games, but I didnt want to burn myself out. PAL scans are usually easier to find for some reason, and a lot of PAL spines are just the CE writing nonense.

• Thanks 1

Will the naming structure work in Launchbox as it uses (Adventure Island II_ Aliens in Paradise-01) and your is (Adventure Island II - Aliens in Paradise (USA, Europe)?

2 hours ago, Boomerps2 said:

Will the naming structure work in Launchbox as it uses (Adventure Island II_ Aliens in Paradise-01) and your is (Adventure Island II - Aliens in Paradise (USA, Europe)?

Yes, it will match the majority of them particularly if you have matched your games via the LB DB and they have a LB ID. Make sure to do a manual refresh of images - select all, F5.  LB uses fuzzy matching of the title of game for matching and ignores anything in brackets.  Special characters get replaced by underscore which (most times) LB will also match automatically.  The few games that don't automatically match (~20 or so in my set when I just imported) were due to alternate names for the game vs what the image is named in my set.  You can check the alternative names in LB by editing the game and looking under metadata.   You can either rename the game to match the image (using the "set selected name as title" in LB) or manually match the image to your existing entry (easiest is open up Edit and images and drag/drop into window).  An example of this is "Winter Olympic Games" which can be named a variety of ways like "Olympic Winter Games: Lillehammer '94".

The naming used for this set is pretty "standard" so you will see this typical of most of the large image sets outside the LB DB.

naming scheme is based on newer no-intro sets. Should be pretty standard. I have the habit of naming all media based on my rom file names. I would use Fat Match to rename all media files based on your rom names. Thats what I do if I download any media sets.

• Thanks 1