About This File
****** NOTE THIS THEME IS BUILT FOR FOR STANDARD BOXART TO BE SHOWN ON THE FLOWCONTROL WHEEL. IF YOU WOULD RATHER USE STEAM STYLE BANNERS THEN DONWLOAD THE THEME GRIDDLE BANNERS INSTEAD *********
Following on from the NesicaxLive theme I created previously this is my second theme - GRIDDLE
Unlike the Nesica theme this theme should scale correctly to most 16:9/16:10 resolutions. I have tested at 1080p but the theme has been built with images sized suitably for 4k displays. If anyone has a 4k display and would like to test this and feedback in the comments section that would be appreciated.
Also as with the Nesica theme I created this theme has additional elements included within it for Publisher/Developer logos to be displayed and also controller layouts to be shown for each platform. I have also included in seperate zip files below the platform fanart I have used in the screenshots above should you want to do the same in your setup (note unlike theme itself which is drawn to 4k the fanart are only 1080p but should scale ok up to 1080p). With regards the game/platform videos I recommend using default videos for this theme without other elements to keep the look clean and in 4:3 ratio where possible - videos shown in screenshots are all available from emumovies.
If you want to change or add additional controller layout images you just need to drop the images into the following directory within your Launchbox directory /Themes/Griddle/Images/Controls/Platform Name (you may need to create the relevant Platform Name if it does not already exist)
All views are the same layout but with different colour themes applied. This allows you to set each platform to a different colour scheme but whilst keeping a consistent look and feel throughout.
Any issues, recommendations etc. are always welcome.
For anyone who has posted on the Nesica theme I am going back and working on that one currently to make that one responsive so it scales to other resolutions and also adding in some of the features from this theme so expect a 2.0 Nesica release soon.
What's New in Version 2.0.0 See changelog
Major update of the Griddle Boxes theme.
Changes in this version include:
- Fixed issue with music notification popup
- Added search index when browsing for games (A-Z and Search bar)
- Now added information showing number of games available and completed for all platforms and filters (big thanks to @eatkinola for the plugin for this!)
- Improved controller images/layouts
- Added artwork and assets for most popular platforms/playlists
- Removed all animated gif elements and all animation now done via code
- Improved performance of theme
- Slight changes to layout including removal of Max Players wheel which has been replaced with Publisher Logos and added shadowing and other effects