LaunchBox Community Forums

Thank You

Jason Carr

Jason Carr said These days I crave time alone to play guitar; that's hard to find because the kids are either with me, or asleep. I can only play the Dora theme song so many times... ;) So I guess I never really switched, per se. I've also never really been a good lead guitarist, though I'm slowly getting there these days. I'd call myself a sufficient metal rhythm player, but hardly lead.
No reason you can't start playing something other than Dora when the kids are around (I chuckled in recognition at that; I've been playing a lot of variations of the "ABC Song," because the "L-M-N-O-P" part makes him laugh). Do you still own a classical guitar? I play it softly with him sleeping in the room sometimes, but I wouldn't risk jamming to "Tie This Around Your Neck". :D I've never been lead either, except for bluesy stuff (ZZ Top, AC/DC, et al). I never developed the speed, although learning classical has taught me how much I tense up when I play, so that's improved more in a few months than in all my years of playing.

@Hippyshake, yeah, for sure. That's the only way I get to play anything, really. One of these days I'm gonna put more time into guitar. One of these days. I actually never owned a classical guitar, I just had a standard Fender acoustic at the time. Probably one reason why I sucked. ;)

Jason Carr said @SentaiBrad @bd00 @Hippyshake @Maddoc1007 @CadetStimpy @scree @CliveBarker @DOS76 @Kriven I just want to say thank you to all you guys for all your support with this project. You guys are the core of this community, and I'm blown away on a daily basis by the sheer amount of effort that you all put in. Your feedback, help on the forums, and general support has proven invaluable time and time again. LaunchBox would not be anywhere near what it is without you guys in particular. So for that I want to extend my sincere thanks. I'm sending you all $20 Amazon gift cards; I know it's not much but I hope it's enough to show you guys that I really do appreciate everything you do. Thanks, Jason
Thanks so much, Jason. Despite what you say, $20 is a lot, considering I don't deserve any of it. Smile Hooray to the coolest programmer (and all-around, nice guy) ever!