LaunchBox Community Forums

Thank You

Jason Carr

@SentaiBrad @bd00 @Hippyshake @Maddoc1007 @CadetStimpy @scree @CliveBarker @DOS76 @Kriven I just want to say thank you to all you guys for all your support with this project. You guys are the core of this community, and I'm blown away on a daily basis by the sheer amount of effort that you all put in. Your feedback, help on the forums, and general support has proven invaluable time and time again. LaunchBox would not be anywhere near what it is without you guys in particular. So for that I want to extend my sincere thanks. I'm sending you all $20 Amazon gift cards; I know it's not much but I hope it's enough to show you guys that I really do appreciate everything you do. Thanks, Jason

I'm speechless. That's not necessary, brother. I believe in you, and I believe in LB. We also share similar faiths, you and I, although we haven't talked yet about it. :) I also don't think I've done nearly as much to contribute as those other fine folk you mentioned. You're a good guy, and I enjoy these forums and talking with you (so my motivations, therefore, are completely selfish!). Cheers, my friend.

Wow. I don't know what to say. Really, the gift card is more than plenty. Just having created such an awesome program and hearing my suggestions out has been more than plenty. It's an honor to be of use to a project engineered by such a humble, talented person.

Thanks to you man, before LaunchBox, having an organized, clean and efficient digital collection of games, emulators, roms, isos, etc; was a pain in the ass. But now, not only those problems are no more, now we can have a nice and "professional" looking collection thanks to your software. Not only that, the community around this software is one of the best I have found on the Internet, everyone try to help in the way they can and there is no flaming, shitposting, etc. Thanks for the gift Jason!

Hi Jason. I just don't know what to say to this gift. This was really not necessary. You see all us folk are just happy and privileged to be using LaunchBox and helping one another on the forum when we can. But thank you very much and thank you for the awesome experience that is LaunchBox.

Hi Jason, +1 To everything everyone else said. This was completely unnecessary, but a very kind gesture all the same, so thank you. I am not in this for money, I believe in you and what you are trying to accomplish and I am just grateful I can be a part of it. I have been in and out of here for a long time now and it has been a privilege to watch LaunchBox (and the community) evolve. I am looking forward to seeing it evolve further. LB is coming on really well and I am happy for you Jason, truly. As for the community, well, all you guys are great, it really is a pleasure to be here. Like Clive said, everyone helps out and we don't have any hatred, a disagreement now and then, but it never turns nasty. A group of really great people. Here is to Jason, the community and LB's flourishing future. Cheers!

I also would like to praise and thank you and wholeheartedly share in the sentiments of all the other fine members here and say that no gift card is necessary Jason this project and your endless time and support you have shown towards your members here are all the thanks that are needed. I would also like to thank the other wonderful fellow members for all their devoted and unselfish help in helping solve problems for other members like myself who run into difficulties getting an emulator or game working and their tireless and wonderful manner in which they do it. (another plus is the jovial and wonderful banter that goes on in the threads from time to time). So no thanks necessary on your part, it is us who owe you a big thanks for developing such a wonderful frontend as LaunchBox long may it thrive develop and evolve into what you see as the ultimate frontend experiance for us members here.

I didn't realize you had already sent the gift cards until I read Derek's post. Thanks so much, Jason. I'm using mine to pick up a Snark tuner/metronome and an On Stage foot rest. I've recently made the switch from electric guitar to classical, and I've been getting serious enough about it that it's time to start picking up the necessary accessories. These will last me for years, so thanks!!

Jason Carr said Awesome John! I play guitar too actually, took classical lessons in college but play more metal stuff now. :)
That's pretty funny, that we switched that way. I did the hair band thing from the mid-80s until the mid 90's. The main cover bands I was in played everything from Hendrix to Nirvana to Megadeth. Personally, I always had more fun playing progressive music, particularly Rush. The original (meaning, no cover tunes) bands I was in played kind of a mashup of all those things (my primary influences are blues-based, progressive rock, and jazz though). These days, I find myself unable to listen to most secular music, because of the negativity in a lot of the lyrics. I guess I'm too old, and I've just had too much darkness in my life already to listen to other people's darkness. I listen (and play along in my living room) to mainly Christian music now, but I'm amazed at how much goodness there is in CM (it used to be pretty much just Michael W. Smith, Phil Keaggy, Petra, Rez Band, and Amy Grant). For the first time, I find myself really enjoying hip-hop and rap (Tedashii, Trip Lee, Derek Minor (fka Pro), KB, and Andy Mineo (fka C-Lite) are favorites), and there's even some decent metal (Demon Hunter, Jesus Wept, Nine Lashes). Unfortunately, you can't really play that kind of thing (in a satisfying way) without a band, so classical was something I've always wanted to play, and it lets me play great, complete music by myself. Plus, I'm composing again, which I haven't done in twenty years. What made you switch? What are some of the classical pieces you used to play, and what do you enjoy playing these days? (And, wow...can I derail a thread, or what?)

Awesome, John. Yeah, I listen to a pretty wide range of genres, that's for sure. I have to admit that it's pretty rare that I find a CM artist that I really like, but Demon Hunter is absolutely amazing; one of my favorite bands. What I find hilarious about them is Demon Hunter isn't even Ryan Clark's main gig...he's a graphic artist for other artists. Lol. I did grow up on CM though so I'm pretty familiar with it all. Unfortunately, my classical guitar training was cut pretty short and I didn't focus on it near as much as I wish I would have. I enjoyed it when I actually practiced, but in college I tended to be too focused on recording my own music or (more seriously) programming the next big thing (TM) to do anything really productive. Lol, funny how that worked out, just took a while. These days I crave time alone to play guitar; that's hard to find because the kids are either with me, or asleep. I can only play the Dora theme song so many times... ;) So I guess I never really switched, per se. I've also never really been a good lead guitarist, though I'm slowly getting there these days. I'd call myself a sufficient metal rhythm player, but hardly lead.

bd000 said I play air guitar.
Hey, I'll never knock a good air guitarist. I won a pizza in high school with two other guys in an air band contest (the irony is that were actually in a band together)...we did some AC/DC song. All I remember is those shorts were TIGHT.

Aahhh thanks for that image. I can't get it out of my head now and I'm on my way to bed. If I dream about you playing air guitar to 'Back in Black' in tight tight shorts, me and you will be having words tomorrow! Night Smile

bd000 said Aahhh thanks for that image. I can't get it out of my head now and I'm on my way to bed. If I dream about you playing air guitar to 'Back in Black' in tight tight shorts, me and you will be having words tomorrow! Night Smile
Better that, than you dreaming about me playing "You Shook Me All Night Long"!! :D